Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote SIP Extension 500v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgrill

Programmer
Mar 12, 2010
US
I need help setting up a remote SIP extension on a 500v2. the phone connects perfectly when inside the office. when I leave the office I cannot get the phone to register. I have forwarded ports for rtp, 5060, 1718, 1719, and 1720. has anyone successfully gotten this to work? I am using a sonicwall tx205 as my router. I have tried two different apps, BRIA for android and 3CX for android with no success. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi nickgrill

What errors are you getting on the BRIA APP?
What does the system Monitor show when you are trying to connect?

nickgrill,

Make sure you have a 0.0.0.0 IP route on the IPO that points to your Sonicwall's LAN IP.
On the Sonicwall, enable "SIP Transformations" and reboot it.

I have Bria set up on an iPad and it works fine... but I am also connecting to the IPO via the Sonicwall VPN.

It works using the VPN but I am trying to get it to work without VPN. Just by forwarding ports.

Do you have the IP Route set correctly on the IP Office?
Do you have SIP Transformations enabled on the Sonicwall?

What about the question Matt asked? What do you see in Sysmonitor?

I see it come into the up office. I will post a monitor trace when I get to the computer. If I turn sip transformations on my SIP truks stop working. My ip route is 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 and sonicwall LAN is the gateway.

You need to use a separate external IP and make an extendable NAT rule that maps the IPO address to the external and maintains the port number, only way I have ever had it working and I have tried many ways :)

"No problem monkey socks

it needs to be extendable to ensure the source port stays the same as the destination.

Now, in cisco terms, this isn't what extendable rules were designed for, but one of the side effects, is your source ports aren't randomised before being translated to the public network.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back