Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Manager 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tidypants

Technical User
Feb 8, 2010
GB
Hi all,

Real simple one for you all, once i have setup all the dial in entries into IP500 how do i then connect via an ISDN modem. Is there a particular Dialler to use on the PC that integrates into manager?

Hope this makes sense?

You need to make a dailup connection with an analog or isdn modem.
This makes a connection with your pc (not manager)
Then Manager can find the ipo.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Indeed, you need to create a dial-up connection on your PC using the ISDN modem and then once connected lauch Manager, Manager isn't like other vendors programmes it will not initiate the connection for you.

P.S you can also set an IP Office with an ISDN connection to do dial up connections for you if you so wish :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Thanks for the feedback, So i have put the number in with user name and password and changed the IP address to fit in on there network.

But i am unable to connect using the IP Office Manager.

I have put in the IP route in the Remote IPO as follows

Inbound

The IPO is sitting on 192.168.1.200 so i have set dial up connection to 192.168.1.219.

Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks

When the ipo is set as dhcp server of dialin then you do not need an iproute.
By default there is an iproute in the system with 192.168.99.0 (when there is no dhcp or dialin set)

When no dhcp then you use 192.168.99.2 or higher in the tcpip settings of your dialin.

BAZINGA!

And make sure you untick "Use default gateway on remote network" in the advanced tab in the IP settings or your other network connections will drop out when you dial in :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Hi all,
Clarification needed after reading docs. In reading tlpeter response to tidypants thread ,can IPO 500v2 Rls 6 support dailup connection with analog modem ? Noted it was indicated ISDN modem,
is an analog setup possible?

If you have an analogue trunk card fitted the first port can be made to answer analogue modems, but ISDN is much quicker, better and more reliable and this is built into every system :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

ISDN dialin is possible when you have a BRI or a PRI with a D channel.
Analog dailin is possible with an ATM4.

BAZINGA!

WoW amriddle, to make the IPO generates ISDN dialups is really a good idea, how could I do that ?

For analog (if you live in the last century or North America) its a little easier in 7.0.

The modem support on an IP500 ATM4 card is permanently on and isn't tied to the first analog trunk port being switched from voice to modem (so no need for *9000* or similar). Just route your modem call anyway you like into the system and to the extension number of the RAS service.

Has anyone been able to dial into the R7? The Modem answers, and it says "Verifying username and password", but it will not accept the password. I left it at the default (i.e. thepword). Any ideas?

Not to make you look daft or anything, but people sometimes take things literally, it's "password" as default people just say "thepword" meaning that :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

The default dialin password is "thepword" andy :)

BAZINGA!

Really...maybe I look daft then, sure I have used "password" before, perhaps it was changed by somebody first :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Humble pie -----> Andy

;-)

ACSS (SME)

I never touched anything...

Hah, it's always the very first thing I change in a new system then the Dial Emergency number so I have never noticed, I have been telling people wrong info for years obviously :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back