Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Manager 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tidypants

Technical User
Feb 8, 2010
GB
Hi all,

Real simple one for you all, once i have setup all the dial in entries into IP500 how do i then connect via an ISDN modem. Is there a particular Dialler to use on the PC that integrates into manager?

Hope this makes sense?

I had to remove a number of dialups on our IPO. would refuse to dial customers when it gets to its limit of 100 IP routes. ;-)

ACSS - SME

amriddle01,

You are dialing into R7 IP Office? Wnat do you think I am doing wrong?

Not sure, there isn't a great deal to get wrong, analogue dial-in is more flakey than ISDN though (especially on Combi cards), what are you trying? Send me the config to my home address in my signature site if you want me to take a look for you :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

HSM
If you have a 400 serise IPO (403 406V1 or 412) and it is not your house switch then downgrade to V1.2 firmware
there is no limit to the number of services in that release :)

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

amriddle01,
R7 does not have a Combo Card. You have to use an ATM4U Card. I got dial-in Remote Access to work with 6.0.18 using a Combo Card, but I cannot make it work with R7. Are you sure you are running R7? It's a totally different animal.
Bill

Yes I am sure I am running R7 :) Not tried since 6.1, I always use ISDN dial in, will try with a combi and analogue dial in tomorrow, should in theory be the same as with an ATM 4U :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Your'e correct, they broke analogue dial in on R7 :-(

I get an answer and it passes username/password OK but the link does not pass any data. If I statically asssign an address(99.2) I get nothing coming or going over the link, if I allow DHCP it pops a error about network settings for the connection, rolling the system back to 6.0 and it works OK :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

That's the error I get :)

Capture-2.png

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

So only analog?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back