Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote access over analogue line

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzobi

Technical User
Nov 29, 2007
ZA
Hi

I will be installing a BCM next month. The system will have only 1 analogue C.O. line connected to it. Is there some way I can dial into the system and administer it remotely?

What is the line being used for normally?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

The line will be their main number. It is a small place run as a charity for children so they only have the 1 line for now.

You are far best using the network when possible as modem is slow.

You connect via "Dialup Networking" in Windows
Then use Element Manager to program.
Both share the same log in credentials.

If AA answers then put in a couple pauses then the DN of the modem in your dialing string of "Dialup Networking"
If human answers then tell them to transfer the call to the DN when you call in with your modem.

Specify which BCM and which release # you have for proper answers.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

It might be easier to find out if the BCM is connected via LAN1 onto the internet at the customers end and if so to change the router to allow port forwarding to a few ports such as

TCP 443 Element Manager upload/download, Voicemail application
TCP 5989 Handles configuration requests from Element Manager
TCP 60001 Used by BCM Monitor

If your internet hasn't got a fixed IP address, then you will need this from the customer before you try and connect.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

agree with curly and firebird, if anyway possible I would use IP. If you have to use dial up then make sure you pack a lunch because most changes will take for ever.

Thanks for the advice guys. I will look at going down the IP route if I can. Happy xmas to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back