Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Referencing control values in a subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terpsfan

Programmer
Dec 8, 2000
US
I have created a Quality Control application in Access 97. I have an Income/ATP Calculation form that comprises a main form with 2 subforms. All of the forms have a one-to-one relationship. All of the expressions work fine, except I am trying to pull a value off of a control in one of the subforms into a control on one of the other subforms. Despite giving the full reference to the control Forms!formname!controlname, the value isn't pulled into the control. This works for referencing a control on the main form. I'm at my wit's end on this. The only other option I can think of is to use a DLookup of the value in the control. But DLookups can take time since they are really queries. Any help on this would be appreciated!

Did you try ref the form as a sub with Forms!MyMainForm!Forms.MySubForm.FieldName

I recall linking a field on a sub form to a sub and including the ref to the main and sub form in the call.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back