Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

redundancy issue

justacommoman

Technical User
Aug 22, 2024
We have Avaya ip office server edition in Primary and secondary site on R11.1 firmware . We have licensed configured redundancy both primary and secondary servers with Web socket server on the primary server and client on the secondary server . We tried to test the failover on primary server by shutting down the primary to see if the falls will register to to secondary site is not working. Phones are just stuck on discovering the IP address of the primary site . I have attached a screenshot of my redundancy configuration for your reference . Can you advise what might be causing this redundancy feature of SE not to work ?

Avaya IP redundacy

can you share the IP office line configurations on both servers Primary and secondary?

i can see that the websocket password not the same in both lines on primary and secondary! you can confirm!
first, make the websoket password in primary webserver line as the same in secondary client line.

try to change the security in both lines to " unsecured".

make sure that the websocket server line in the secondary system " disabled the resisliency options "

the resiliency options must be enabled on one line only " the websocket client line ".

i can see that the websocket password not the same in both lines on primary and secondary! you can confirm!
first, make the websoket password in primary webserver line as the same in secondary client line.

make sure that the websocket server line in the secondary system " disabled the resisliency options "

the resiliency options must be enabled on one line only " the websocket client line ".
@ M_A on our existing configuration , the Websocket server is the Primary server while the Websocket client is secondary server .

Are you suggesting we should make these changes

(1) we should change the web socket client to the primary server and disable resiliency options on the primary server

(2) we should make the secondary server the websocket client and enable resiliency options on the secondary server

Is this correct ?

We have made the changes , updated the password and made security as unsecured .

The failover still did not work after making the changes . I have attached the pictures for reference .

Can you advise what we can check ?

Attachments

• tmp_86f8777c-3658-44e8-8d59-443cee4293bd.png
    tmp_86f8777c-3658-44e8-8d59-443cee4293bd.png
    385 KB · Views: 6
  • tmp_4832291f-cfbf-4a45-a54f-b0a183ab727b.png
    tmp_4832291f-cfbf-4a45-a54f-b0a183ab727b.png
    467.7 KB · Views: 6
  • tmp_298cae6f-0334-4a88-9872-0ecd75d3189d.png
    tmp_298cae6f-0334-4a88-9872-0ecd75d3189d.png
    700.6 KB · Views: 6
We have made the changes , updated the password and made security as unsecured .

The failover still did not work after making the changes . I have attached the pictures for reference .

Can you advise what we can check ?
1- the line on the Primary server must be a " Web Socket Server " line.
2- the line on the secondary server must be a " Web Socket Client " line.
3- both lines should have the same web socket password.
4- both systems primary and secondary should have the same Administrator password.

5- the resiliency options must be enabled on those 2 lines only >>> and disabled for the other lines on the both systems.

6- go to solution tap on the top left >> select resiliency Administration from the right >> enable the first 2 options.

7- then restart the both servers from port 7071 >> select the reboot button on both servers primary and secondary.

also if you want we can connect with a session with you to check the config or you can send a backup offline file to check for you.

1724577651121.png

1- the line on the Primary server must be a " Web Socket Server " line.
2- the line on the secondary server must be a " Web Socket Client " line.
3- both lines should have the same web socket password.
4- both systems primary and secondary should have the same Administrator password.

5- the resiliency options must be enabled on those 2 lines only >>> and disabled for the other lines on the both systems.

6- go to solution tap on the top left >> select resiliency Administration from the right >> enable the first 2 options.

7- then restart the both servers from port 7071 >> select the reboot button on both servers primary and secondary.

also if you want we can connect with a session with you to check the config or you can send a backup offline file to check for you.

View attachment 181
I have sent a pm...thanks

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back