Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

recording unit for Norstar 0X32 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonegirl

Technical User
Jan 30, 2002
US
I have a client who is running a call center on his Norstar PBX. He would like to integrate a device that has the capability to record calls for agent training purposes. Can anyone suggest a recording unit that would work?

Consider starting the original call through an ATA and attatch an off the shelf call recording unit sometimes available at Radio Shack or similar ilk like stores. You could also do this by bridging out one of the clients COs to originate and record the call in the manner suggested above.
A Viking Silent Service Observation module may work as well Mo. No. SO-24.

What type of Voice mail are they using. The NAM voice mail has that option to record calls. Let me know And I will find the steps to record calls.

M.Parnell
(norstargirl)

norstargirl,
Currently they have a Startalk Flash but if a NAM can do what they want I am sure they will get one.

fonegirl

The feature code to record a call on the NAM is Feature989

the length of the record time is determined by the class of service you have assigned to the mailbox, if you exceed the time you can always turn the feature back on during the same call.

Let me know if you need more information. M.Parnell
(norstargirl)

On the NAM, If you are using the F 9 8 9 to record the call you will hear the statment from the NAM "Call is being recorded.)followed by a tone, then about every 5 minutes you will hear another tone. there is no way to disable this according to the norstar Peeps If someone knows or hears of a way to disable this information statement let me know.

Thanks,

Jerry Reeve

most service observation setups can work by monitoring the analog trunks (select trunks to be recorded/listened to by a telephone dial pad) If you have digital trunks or want to be able to monitor specificaly one agent a splitter can be hooked onto the handset and passed back to the service observation equipment. Check out Viking Eletronics at (their SO-24 and SO-24-AK units)

Jerry Reeve
Communications Systems Int'l

There is no way to turn that feature off in the Norstar NAM. It's there cause in some states you must alert the caller that a call is being recorded. I'm sure Northern doesn't want to get into that whole legal thing!

Cintech Prelude and Cinphony ACD's both have a Record Call feature. But, you would need to get a NAM for it to work.

Hi,
Racal makes a couple units that attach directly to
the station ports and record off them. Or if you prefer
you can record of the co side. advantage of co side is
all calls get recorded and it also records the wait time.
the advantage of station side is its more specific and
you only record while that agent is on the phone. They
make two units the Mirra for smaller applications and
the Wordnet for larger applications. This is the same
stuff that 911 centers use. We happen to have a used
unit if your interested.
Hope this helps,
Randy Earles
Randy@Northstartel.com

I have an Algo Communications USB AuxBox 4102 which sits on the station line between the PBX and the set. The unit works for both Meridian PBXs (which I use it on) and Norstar key systems. It records digitally through the USB port to a PC hard disk.

We have been very happy with the recording quality, and my customer is very happy with the time/date and CLID info also captured with the recording. Cost for me was around $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back