Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record calls only when 1 is pressed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDK

Technical User
Jan 27, 2009
DK
I have a little problem that I can't seem to find a solution to. I would like to make it so that all customers are greeted by a greeting in VMpro asking if I can record the conversation. If they type 1 then the conversation should be recorded otherwise the call should just be put to the huntgroup sales. Any good ideas on how to do this ? I have tried placing the call to a group that is recorded and from there make the overflow to Sales. But it does not work, when there is overflow the call is not recorded.

would it not suffice to just announce in VM Pro that the call may be recorded for quality assurance? This is literally what all companies do so they can adhere to the notification rule of call recording. Some states, like Colorado, don't require the party to be notified.

Why don’t you just tell them all calls will be recorded,
Press 1 to continue then transfer to whoever
If they don’t press 1 then transfer to sales.

But why give them a choice?

Why not create duplicate sales groups?

One can be set to record calls in the group's voice recording tab, the other not.

Then route according to the caller's selection.

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.
The paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back