Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommedation for Business AV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLScholar

Programmer
Aug 21, 2002
GB
Hey all,

Currently in the process of updating our AV system at the place i work, and trying to work out the best options.

Two contenders come straight to mind:

Symantec - heard has lots of bugs

Mcafee - doesnt seem to have done to well on virus bulletin

Any recommendations/reviews/experiance on these or any others in a business environment (i.e. centralised updated etc)

Dan

----------------------------------------
There are 2 types of computer, the prototype and the obsolete!!

Look seriously at Sophos, too.
James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]To determine how long it will take to write and debug a program, take your best estimate, multiply that by two, add one, and convert to the next higher units.[/sup]

I would recommend reading the following:

thread760-1002389. That thread covered everyone's opinions pretty well.

Hope that helps,

Erik

We don't have a huge network here (35 users, 2 servers), but I'm currently using Panda's BusinessSecure product. It's managed from the server, updated everyday and we've had no problems with it. It also does a pretty good job detecting and eliminating spyware along with AV protection. We've had it for about 10 months. Had CA Inoculan before that.

I highly recommend Trend Neatsuite.

Chris

IT would be the perfect job......if it didn't have users!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back