Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Receptionist Call Flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

azizaadam

Technical User
Mar 1, 2006
US
I am using IP406 with voicemail pro. Our office was previously using a simple Autoattendant to pick up all calls and transfer to appropriate extensions using a menu with a spoken directory.

However, we are now hiring a receptionist and would like all calls to be answered by the receptionist. However, if she does not answer the phone (away from her desk or after hours) I would like the calls to transfer to the autoattendant with spoken directory.

I only know how to do this with the assisted transfer function. I have the start point go to assisted transfer and the no answer function transfers over to the menu. However I desperately would like to avoid assisted transfer since you can only hear hold music rather than the phone ringing at the receptionist desk.

If someone could explain a call flow and proper VMPRO functions or even e-mail me a flow that I can import I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

the easies option is to route your incomming calls to a group containing the receptionist. enable VM on this group

You can now create a group leave start point for the reception group to perform your Attendant function when reception is unavailable

there those abouve. or make a short code such as

"name of module"
V Collect

the no answer or busy forward the recp. calls to the short code number.

this will cause any call not answered by the recpt. to go to the aa.

The short code is an excellent idea, what VM function (ie. transfer call) should I use for the no answer/busy forward? Do I use assisted transfer to get from the receptionist phone to the module, or is there another way? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back