Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rebuild a TN that is still in Telephone Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffaloBilly

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2014
US
Hi. We OUTed a bunch of TN's in the terminal a couple months ago. Turns out a couple of them should have stayed. I need to rebuild them. Their config is still in Telephony Manager. Can I push it from TM to the switch successfully? I tried once but received an error saying the TN does not exist. So, I build one in terminal, then went back to TM and changed the name of the person, then pushed the job (sync). It changed the name on KEY00 and KEY01 but didn't program any of the other keys. What am I doing wrong?

I ended up doing a retrieve of that one telephone in Telephony Manager, then reprogramming the buttons from the printout. Crude but it worked.. .

If it is still in telephony manager you can select them then edit and change the sync status from TRN to NEW then just transmit them

Thanks Bignose21! I'll try that next time.. .

You could say I got caught with my pants down on this one. I outed a bunch of disconnected digital telephones recently. Then this week an admin assistant phoned the helpdesk saying they wanted to use an old phone that was stashed away in a desk. Still being new at this Nortel programming I let out a big groan, then saw that we had the config still in telephony manager. First thing I did was to print it out, then go from there. Live and learn I guess.. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back