Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Realtime SMDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebrown123

Technical User
Mar 21, 2012
GB
I'm pretty sure I already no the answer to this but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask on here.

I have a customer that wants to replace there very old Samsung system with a mitel so they can have resiliency. The one thing the Samsung does is output SMDR in realtime. They have a call logger that needs to collect information as soon as the call is answered.

Currently on the Samsung when the user answers it generates an SMDR record of the extension that answers, the inbound CLI and the trunk number. They aren't interested in the ring time, call length, or any thing else that is included in a normal record that is generated at the end of the call. Is this possible on the Mitel???

Not with SMDR. SMDR will only generate at the end of the call with few exceptions.

I think you need to get to the Mitai layer. This would be done via a SDK

there are users here that could answer more completely (slapin?)

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

@Slapin, so I am correct then, it can be done via the Mitai SDK?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Correct. I'm working on a solution which can use direct MiTAI connection without any SDK. Unfortunately I positively have no time to progress it at this point, so if anybody is interesting to invest some free time and software development skills, I can share some materials and current results.

@Slapin, I don't have a great deal of experience in programming but would love to try and get this working.

If I could get a server to actively connect to a 3300 and get the info out in a CSV type format, like SMDR would then that would be great. I hate the fact a 17 year old Samsung DCS can do this 1 thing thats stopping me get a Mitel into this site.

@Slapin, Not sure what to do with the exe in the zip file other than edit the config file. I have put my local IP in there and the PBX IP and then added a few DN's. When I run the monitor exe it has the right info in but has the following error message

Config Loaded
Local IP_address=10.135.131.122
IP_address=10.135.131.243
<line dn="7542" /><line dn="7540" />
Number of configured pbx:1
App:Initialize Mitai Session Successfully!

App: MITEL Telephony Application Interface - Version 13.1.3.15 REMOTE

Main:Successfully initSession:Created PBX object successfully!

MiSslClientConnectSSL(): No socket to bind to SSL session
PBX:Failed to Connect with 3300ICP(10.135.131.243). Error Code: SXERR_CANNOT_CON
NECT_SERVICE

App:Starting Policy Server
App:Starting XML
App:policyServer Started
App:XMLServer Started

Many Thanks
Joe

@Slapin,

This is really cool and works quite well.
What sort of software development is involved? I think it exceeds my capabilities as I'm not a programmer.

joebrown123,
Can you telnet to ICP port 8001 from your PC? Maybe a firewall?
Local IP is your PC and the configuration is needed to deal with the situation of multiple network adapters. As I said it is a proof of concept, so the application does not have a lot of utility facilities, hence no auto detection.

sarond,
It is pretty time consuming and labor intensive process which requires some extended system and software engineering skills. I would welcome a computer science student who can make a great school project out of this work. It does include multiple layers such as network programming, software design patterns, ITU-T/ISO/ASN.1 protocols and encoding methods, SSL, network protocol analysis and etc.

@ mnpuckett
Records are created upon the call completion. The question was how to see this at the beginning of the call.

The SMDR from the Samsung will not be real time either, it is the same as the Mitel. Once the call completes the SMDR stream is output.
The Samsung will be doing similar to the Mitel realtime ACD called UCD.

@mnpuckett
Getting the data isn't the problem it's getting it before the call has been completed.

@sarond
The samsung has options of what data to output and when. It is currently generating a record when the call is answered which is what I need the Mitel to replicate.

The only way you're going to get any data before the call completes is through the ACD Realtime reporting, which means that any calls you want in-progress data on need to be sent through an ACD path. It's not pretty, but it would work.

Are you presenting this to the user that took the call? Doing a screen pop sort of application thing?

Or, are you just presenting this to a manager dashboard sort of thing?

If you're presenting it to a user, I would suggest a TAPI app. That should work for what you need to do. I just ran a test on our system, and it looks like SMDR info is logged when a call is presented to an Agent and then unanswered, not when the call is answered. Here's the record I just got in my test:

06/21 10:11 0000:00:16 **** P101 200 SP101 R 11004 101 1206caller 876xxxx A1012287 A
06/21 10:11 0000:00:28 **** P101 200 SP101 R 11012 101 1206caller 876xxxx A1012287 A

So, my call rolled to two different agents (11004, and 11012) and was unanswerd both times. My queue is P101. I hungup, and we got a third SMDR entry.
06/21 10:12 0000:00:03 0008 P101 200 200 S11015 101 1206caller 876xxxx A1012287 A

If you want information specifically for calls coming into an ACD queue, then you should look at the ACD port (15373). You'll need to figure out the schema in which the information is presented to you ( ACD stuff starts on page 52. Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back