Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Real Time Tables and Fields 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schuemi

Programmer
Dec 15, 2003
DE
Hello,

i am working in a Call Center and make Programs what enables easy to use Web Based Reports, CRMs etc. We are using an ASPECT ACD with Aspect ACD Software Release 8.4. I and an direct ODBC connection to the ORACLE Database from ASPECT.

Now my Question: I was asked if I can make an Realtime application like the ASPECT Customviewer. What I can say is, who is signed in but I can't see who is IDLE or
in WRAPUP now. Is there any way to access the Real Time Database from ASPECT?

Thanks very much and greetings from Germany
Jan P. Schuemann

As far as I know, to do this you would need the RealTime toolkit which contains the neccessary DLLs to connect to the RealTime Bridge. I do not believe you can reach any of this data through ODBC methods.

Yes, i thought something like that. I will see if I can get them from ASPECT.

thanks,
Jan

Hello again,

I tried to get some information about the ASPECT RealTime toolkit to connect to the RealTime Bridge , but I could not find any helpful links or information .

The only short document I found is this link:

"Aspect RealTime Server, RealTime Toolkit and RealTime Data Simulator. These realtime tools enable you to develop custom information management applications using real-time statistics from Aspect Call Center software."

My question now is : Where can I find more detailled information about this tool and where can I buy this tool?
I just tried to get some information from the Aspect Hotline in Germany, but this was not really useful...

THX for you help!

I'm not sure who you would need to talk to about that. If you have any type of account manager or the like from Aspect, I'd start with them. Otherwise, keep trying the hotline, or the corporate number until you get someone who knows.

On a side note, I was thinking about your original request. This could also be accomplished with Contact Server if you happen to have that in place.

Thanks again Moebius01,

the Contact Server might be the more expensive solotion. So I try to look for a way to access the Real Time Database without buying a complete software bundle.

Do your or anyone else have some fact sheets about the RealTime toolkit?

Hi,

i got a RealTime Toolkit Programmers Guide and the dll's from ASPECT! :)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Jan

Now comes the fun part. Understanding the schema they work with and the calls used to retrieve data. The documentation is decent, but be prepared for some good trial and error work to get the gist of how the thing works.

One note that I don't think was covered in the documentation that took me a while to figure out. You cannot select * from any table. To pull all records, you have to list each field individually. (kind of a pain)

FYI, Customview runs off the infofeed from SM_Server which is a service on the servers. There is no database, it is event driven which makes your task harder. There is a stand alone real time server that you can install that basically works as a middle man between the ACD's info feed and the users customView, but that just manages the IP requests.

We are looking at interfacing with a Real-time server.
I have also managed to get hold of the toolkit guide - which basically lists tables and fields.

Can anyone point me in the direction of how we actually connect to the server..Does it support odbc etc etc....

Any examples (VB etc) would be appreciated or any references to links..

Rgds

No ODBC support as it's actually not really a database (I think technically it's a X10 heap db) as such. However, if you have the toolkit, there should be an install that will put the rtb32 dll on the system and some example source code on how to make the calls. The dll's required for any connection to the RTS.

The RealTime API comprises one dynamic-link library, RTB32.DLL. The Aspect-supported data source and the PC running the real-time application communicate using standart TCP/IP network software. (In Windows the WINSOCK.DLL). Also there is a very helpful Realtime "Emulator", so you can test your applications first.

An API can be written using Windows programming environments, witch is able to recieve Windows messages.
(like C, C++, VB, ActivePerl etc.).

All example Code for the RealTime Toolkit ist written in C and C++.

I just installed real time server on one of my PC's and all it seems to do is some kind of IP routing. The Real Time Server runs of the ACD IP and Custom View runs off the Real Time Server IP.

That's correct. The sole function of the RTS is to take a bit of load from multiple clients off of the ACD. Basically, the realtime clients (like Director/Producer) all request data from the RTS, then the RTS in turn breaks the requests down to least common denominators and sends those to the ACD.

If you're referring to Schuemi's post about the RealTime emulator, basically it's a fake RTS designed to accept connections like a real RTS and send back sample data to allow application testing.

Ok, here's a new question on the topic. For anyone who has played with the RealTime toolkit and the RTB32 dll, have you tried running it as a service? We currently have an app designed to connect to the RTB on all of our switches and pull the data in one shot, but we're having a hard time trying to make it a service. Everything appears normal, but the dll never responds to any calls.

For those who need the PDF file of Realtime Fileds and Tables, I have got it here.
Mail me for that.

Greetz,

- Ronin71 - R>F>> SNAP!

I want to have it. Can you send to me at wfyeung@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Samuel

I am going through the same problems you guys were discussing about I have the RealTime toolkit and the Data Dictionary from Aspect.

Where cant I find the Realtime "Emulator"
and "Moebius01" I am having trouble in runnning app using RealTime toolkit and the RTB32 dll to run a as a service did u have any luck on that ?

Hi all,

I have been monitoring this chain and you are talking about something that I am also wrestling with. Right now we have a number of message boards that are basically feeds from a canvas running on a dedicated PC with a Producer/Director on it.

We run into trouble like someone turns off the PC, the password expires and the application stops etc... Really, I would like to have a service running on a server that is querying the Realtime Tables to allow things like the current service level, # calls waiting in queue, average wait time etc... display on a number of screens in the call centre...

Anyone got any ideas?

I have some information that may help.

I currently use Aspect's Real-Time Data Server software to collect information from Aspect ACDs and make that information available to applications. The Real-Time Data Software uses two services named "Aspect ACD Contributor" and "ODBC Contributor" to collect information from our ACDs. These services collect and pass the data to the Real-Time Data Software. In turn, this software pushes the information to an external application via IP-Multicasting. A web user interface is used to define what you'd like to query. Here is an example of one query we use (select num_inc, num_wait_local, long_wait_local from applic where applic_num = 101)

Aspect provides an OCX control that you can drop into a VB application to "listen" for infromation being passed to your application. I was able to develop an application fairly quickly using the OCX control. The ODBC contributor can access the call_today table for database inforamation. I believe the Real-Time software ships with Aspect's CTI software.

It's been a long time since I built upon this so I hope I've been accurate enough. We've used this to ship stats to our display boards in the past, but now I use it for monitoring purposes. We have this software running on our CTI server and almost never have a problem with it. Unfortunity the Real-Time software cannot be run as a service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back