Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R9 SCN License Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPP

MIS
Jan 28, 2009
US
As I understand it there is no longer an Advanced Networking license for 9+.

Is there a system license that's required for SCN? Essentials/Preferred/Advanced?

I assume you cannot do SCN with Basic mode.

Essential edition and voice networking but your vendor could have told you that.

Thanks, I am the vendor. This is the first opportunity that I've had to do SCN for a customer and it's been a few years since I studied it for the test and I know there's been changes. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

they are now called voice networking. outgoing calls are the only ones that count against the license.

ACSS SME
ACSS a bunch of CM
CCNA Voice

be carfull there is Voice Networking add for & Voice networking start (Avaya 202960 IP Office LIC IP500 VCE Network Start 4 LIC: DS0)
you need the voice networking start licence, the add fro is for additional channels beyond the initial 4 provided with the "Start" licence"

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

IPGuru, not anymore.
From a certain software version it did not matter anymore.
That is why they now just use one type of license (they changed the name and stopped selling the other)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks peter I did not know that
(& just corrected a salesman who used the ADD license because our internal parts descriptions have not been updated)

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

exactly why I asked that question....

Thanks All!!!

AND the number of channels licensed is now both for outgoing AND incoming, only on IP 400 it is only for outgoing.
These are the little culprits AVAYA "forget" to document.

Per the release 9 manual on licenses

IP500 Voice Networking Licenses

The use of private voice networking trunks between IP500 control units and other systems requires voice networking channel licenses within the IP500. This applies to H323 IP trunks configured on the IP500 including IP trunks being used for an IP Office Small Community Network (SCN). A voice networking license is also required for the use of trunks configured to for QSIG operation. On H323 IP trunk, a license instance is consumed for each simultaneous outgoing call (incoming calls do NOT consume a license). On QSIG trunk, the number of calls is limited by the trunk type rather than available licenses.

• IP500 Voice Networking (Additional Channels) License: IPO R9 IP500 VCE NTWK 4 ADI LIC (275642)
This license enables 4 voice networking channels including the Advanced Networking features (distributed groups and hot-desking across Small Community Network). Additional licenses can be added to achieve the number of voice networking channels required.

ACSS SME
ACSS a bunch of CM
CCNA Voice

True for H.323 trunks as documented, but it does not count for SCN trunks, these are limited per licensed channels, both way.
I had a issue recently were I thought the same as you because it has always been that way but actually testing confirmed the limitation of the number of channels versus the number of licenses. I believe it has changed when the VCM channel licenses were dropped.

I just tested on release 9 SP1 system and a call between sites used a license on the outgoing side but not on the incoming side so not sure what to think of it except what I say with my own eyes. trunk setup as SCN link.

ACSS SME
ACSS a bunch of CM
CCNA Voice

I just tested it on the latest R9 and it only used a license on the initiating system.

I was just curious and needed to know what my systems here are doing.

Joe W.

TeleTechs.ca
FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

FYI: It's been like this since R6.0 [smile]
Only the originating system is "charged" SCN ch./VCE lic's.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Gunnar, if intrigrant says that it is incoming and outgoing now then believe him.
It used to be one way but things change every year :)

BAZINGA!

so you don't trust me tlpeter :-(
intrigrant has more pull then I do?
OK I get that :p
but I just tested it and it is only using licenses outgoing.
Try it out, maybe intrigrant was working on a special system.

Joe W.

TeleTechs.ca
FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Did you try it from a system with 8 channels to a system with 4 channels?
Setup 5 calls and you will see that the 5th will fail.
I did not try it but i believe both of you.
Prove me and intrigrant wrong :)

BAZINGA!

Peter, I have a 5 x R6.0 system out there. Main IPO has 20 SCN ch, the rest has 4 SCN ch.
XIMA report shows 7 simultaneous calls on one of the sites yesterday, and I just went ran C2G to confirm thy were inbound external calls.
Then I launched 5 x SSA and made a call to the fax at one of the branches, only main site had to offer a license.

You owe me another beer! [smile]

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Gunnar, come over and we go to intrigrant.
He has some nice Belgium beers :)

BAZINGA!

It could be a bug then because I tested on a early 8.1 lab systems and for sure it allowed only 4 calls although our main system has a license for 60 SCN channels.
On the remote system it was not possible to dial out over SCN when there were four incoming calls.
We lost a offer because of that as it became too expansive against a Siemens offer.
Nevertheless I take your word for it and I will only test it again if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back