Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R12 Is Out 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalgaryJeff

Programmer
Oct 3, 2010
CA
R12 is now available for download on PLDS.

-----------------------------------

4771494_orig.jpg

Business Phone Systems in Canada

ACSS,AIPS

I click View Downloads and then when I enter our company name it shows them. I guess it was to simple from the support site so they had to make us use PLDS.

4771494_orig.jpg

ACSS,AIPS

Who wants to test out this release?

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

I'm just downloading it and installing it on vmware to test it

Just downloaded and trying o use the Server Edition in Demo mode as previous releases, THERE'S NO LICENSE !!!!!!!!
(both using local nor weblm)
WTF....

I managed to install it with the 30 day demo, with the plds licenses

Don't see a real reason to switch from R11.1 to R12. No valuable new features. The only real reason - and here it is a muss to switch - is that the underlying CentOS will be End of Support in 6 Weeks.

So if we want to guarantee our customers a system as secure as possible we have to upgrade within the next two months using a horrible update process and using a GA release where we must be afraid that there are many unknown issues. AND... If we upgraded a server edition there is no way back to 11.1

IP Office remote service
IP Office certificate check
CLI based call blocking
SCN fallback over PSTN

just found another problem on a virtual environment via OVA: after the ignition process the linux console does not allow tho change the keyboard layout (the option "2" in the main menu)

LuigiEspo, that's not the 30 days demo licensing but the 30 days "Grace Period" given in every IPO SE where licenses does not match.

FYI it looks like you can install this on an r11 500v2 without an upgrade license. It did not give me an error and licenses still show valid with no errors on my test system.
r12_pgtgaj.png

4771494_orig.jpg

ACSS,AIPS

Even if the R12 release Note states...: "5 Upgrading to IP Office R12
Customers will be required to upgrade to R12.0 using paid or entitled R12.0 release upgrade licenses and apply the R12.0 software load using Manager"... it seems that, viceversa, you can go straight from R11.1 to R12 without any upgrade license, just tried, the system works fine with no alarms...
The upgrade Wizard asks the same license of R11.1

????????

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c609a202-abd4-44fb-bbc6-6d0f23dccbd2&file=UPG.jpg

That might be a Feature. They forgot to require a license because they were so busy packing in all the new bugs.[banghead]

FTFY

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.
The paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

I'm blown away by all the new features in this release!!! Looks like Avaya was really paying attention to us when we made a wish list! [thumbsup][banghead]

Does anybody know what do they mean with "end fo web collaboration" ?

Did anyone notice that there is no mention of the IP500 V2A, I'm assuming they left it out by accident, it mentions supporting the IP500 V2, I think if they were not going forward with the V2A they would specifically say so like they mentioned they were doing away with the UC module but who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back