Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R11.1 - can't connect using Monitor (aka SysMonitor)

john3voltas

Technical User
Nov 12, 2013
PT
Here we go again.
I've seen several other threads here on this subject and usually they all go down to user permissions. But bear with me on this one.
Server Edition with Primary+Secondary+IP500 expansion, all on 11.1.2.0.0 build 239.
I am using the Admin CD that comes with SysMonitor 11.1.3.1.0. which at this time should be the latest 11.1 CD available.

Administrator, root and Security all share the same password which is comprised of 3 letter (first letter is upper case), followed by a percent sign (%), followed by 5 numbers.
I am absolutely sure that the Administrator password that I am using in SysMonitor is the same that I am using in Manager for logging in.
Under Security settings > System > Unsecured Interfaces I have enabled:
- Use Service User Credentials
- both the DevLink and the TAPI/DevLink3. I know that I should only need DevLink but I thought, heck, it won't do any harm, right?

My Administrator service user is member of the groups:
- Administrator Group
- System Status Group
- Business Partner Group

My System Status Group has all the options under the System Status tab enabled.
That means it has the SysMonitor access enabled, which I think is the one that allows users to login to SysMonitor.

And yet, with all this in place, whenever I try to open the SysMonitor application and connect to the customer's PBX using Administrator credentials and HTTP/80, I still get a "trying to connect to ip_address_of_the_pbx" error message.
What the heck could be happening here? This is not the first customer that's having this problem.
Besides, if I try to connect to *that* IP500 expansion unit using SysMonitor, it works flawlessly. It's only failing on the Primary server...

Any tips...?

Okay, I had Security settings > Services > HTTP set up for "Secure, Medium". Hence why it wasn't reaching the server's port 80...
Now I set that for Unsecure+Secure and SysMonitor does get in touch with the Pri server but then I get a:
"********** HTTP: websocket failed, received 401, Authorization Failed: Access Denied, insufficient rights or invalid credentials"
What the heck. Exact same user being used for Manager administration...

I am using the Admin CD that comes with SysMonitor 11.1.3.1.0. which at this time should be the latest 11.1 CD available.
...except for the 11.1.3.2 Admin CD.

Meanwhile, does one of the Rights Groups to which the Administrator belongs have System Status | SysMonitor Access enabled?

...except for the 11.1.3.2 Admin CD.
Fair.
Just installed the latest 11.1.3.2 that comes with SysMonitor 11.1.3.2.0 build 6.
Same result, can't connect.

Meanwhile, does one of the Rights Groups to which the Administrator belongs have System Status | SysMonitor Access enabled?

As previously stated:
My System Status Group has all the options under the System Status tab enabled.
This means that Administrator user is a member of System Status Group. And SS Group has all the options enabled. And that includes the SysMonitor option.
So, yeah, it's enabled.

Go to Security Settings, Unsecured interfaces, un-thick "Use Service User Credentials" then change the Monitor Password (the default one is still used) with a new one, save and exit. I think you now will be able to use monitor with the new credentials, the System password does not change.

@IamaSherpa ,
Had already done that too. Doesn't work either...
I'm desperate to get this SysMonitor thing working again.

Use TCP not UDP, I had same after upgrade to 11.1. Not sure why but it works on TCP

Hi @bason .
I've tried them all. UDP, TCP, HTTP (my go to when in difficult situations like this one), and HTTPS.
None of them worked. It is my understanding that only HTTP and HTTPS allow for service user credentials and that, when using UDP or TCP I have to use the Monitor password that is set up under security settings.
I'm lost here. I've already uninstalled the Admin CD Lite and installed the latest Admin CD Lite. Same issue...
But thanks for your input/tip.
Cheers

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back