Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"The voicemail type is not supported in SCN"

Status
Not open for further replies.

adc110

Vendor
Jul 26, 2007
US
I have a 5 site SCN (all running 11.0.x) with Voicemail Pro running only at one location. All other locations are using their respective Embedded Voicemail and "NOT" using centralized voicemail. We do not need any of the other remote facilities to use centralized voicemail (embedded works perfectly). When you open the SCN within Manager there is a warning that states "The voicemail type is not supported in SCN" on the systems that are configured to use embedded voicemail. We have tested all the functionality that we can think of and everything works great but I cannot find any official document that states that you cannot use embedded voicemail on the independent systems. Since embedded works - is there any risk of continuing this design? Again, everything works perfectly and we only see this warning within Manager.

Thanks for any input on this!

Open IP Office Manager, press F1 for help and start reading the chapter on Small Community Networks.

"Only one system should have its Voicemail Type set to Voicemail Pro/Lite. All other systems must be set to either Centralized Voicemail or Distributed Voicemail. No other settings are supported." Only one system should have its Voicemail Type set to Voicemail Pro/Lite. All other systems must be set to either Centralized Voicemail or Distributed Voicemail. No other settings are supported.

Took me less than 20 seconds.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I did find that exact statement which was discouraging to say the least. It doesn't make much sense but what I do not is that Embedded Voicemail works perfectly fine. You would think the option to enable Embedded would be disabled in an SCN but I guess its just how they role. Not sure what the implications are of doing this but oh well right?

adc110 said:
Embedded Voicemail works perfectly fine.

It works perfectly fine till it doesn't. I have seen things work for months and all the sudden stop working. I have seen voicemails vanish randomly. I have seen greetings get mixed up. Embeddeded voicemail was never intended to be used for a SCN setup and should not be used for a SCN setup. When you run into issues your configuration is unsupported and Avaya will not help you. As long as you are fine with that go ahead... but make sure you actually tell your customer you decided to run an unsupported configuration.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back