Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Special" Question about Arcserve 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohlbacher

Technical User
Feb 6, 2001
US
Hi Folks,

maybe I`m to blind to find a solution - maybe there IS no solution to my question - could someone please point me in the right direction ?

Arcserve 2000 - W2K Advanced Server - SAN Option - Compaq TL891 Library:

I`m trying to configure following: Building 5 Groups with 5 Tapes in each group - Full Backup on a weekly basis - trying to configure Arcserve scheduling in that way, that each group uses one week (Customers wish..) so that its possible to remove on week from the tape set ...

So far - so good ... all I found out that if i want to realize that, I have to build 20 Jobs, each running on one or two tapes because it`s IMPOSSIBLE (??) to configure Arcserve 2000 for this situation - any Ideas ???

TIA

Peter

...sorry - forgot to mention that I don`t want to use Media Pools - should be possible without - or ?

Cheers,

Peter

I could be wrong to but i have found that to do backups using arcserve using a multi tape backup solution forces you to use media pools for the backups to work the way i wanted them to.

Sorry no help here but that's what i found

Hi Peter,

Drop me an email with the specifics of the customers requirements and I'll help you design the tape rotation. I have implemented Arcserve 6.61 and Arcserve 2000 on a number of boxes and custom designed the backups. We also use the Compaq TL891 for one of our customers and depending on the requirements you probably don't need to use media pools, GFS, etc. For the most part I think you can simplify a lot of this.

Darryl.Brambilla@eds.com

Talk to you soon!

Darryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back