Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"H" in front of DID call number

Status
Not open for further replies.

maripaq

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
CA
I recently noticed that in front of some incoming calls from the PSTN, we get and "H" in front of the calling number, ie: H5147803456. I have seen this H before between two PBX's tied with a PRI in a CDP configuration but never from the PSTN on a DID route (Megalink). Any idea anyone?

Thanks.

check the call to see if a hunt target is somewhere in the call flow. that's the only time i have had that happen.. if i am on my pvt line and get another external call that call rings my 2nd display set with a h plus the calling number if it's from my ld route. local routes just send the acod plus the trunk member

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Ya know, I've seen that consistantly when Nortel's larger offices call me. I've also seen it when, if I remember, some large 'networked' company's site calls me. It has something to do with a private network that is by all respects 'really big'

I'll bet the poster could confirm whomever it is fits in that category

John, yer thinking it might be the 'reason code' displaying I bet...but I have seen it knowing it was something else...just can determine what...and I wonder if I'd see that H if they called my home number?

TEKIMG.gif

There is a plug-in to get rid of this "H".
Try ple 14 command if you have access to PDT level.

Thanks guys. This doesnt't actually cause problems but users keep calling me asking me what it is and what it means. I don't actually have access to PDT so I can't try 3tdp33ler solution. I guest I will have to live with it...

Thanks again!

Check ld 95 des = no and resn = no or do a print out and conpare to defaults

Here at Countrywide phoenix, we get it when calls are made from other sites using loc codes

The "H" normally means a private network call. Not really sure why you are seeing it on normal calls.

does your company have a contract for LD calls over the same network. I work on a company that has switches all over the country and they have MCI as their Long Distance and Private network.

Even though the they transfer out over LD trunks, MCI routes the calls between systems. It is a private network enviornment, so they always see HXXXX when calls come in.

Nortel is saying that it is a design intent to recognize "network" calls.

If you run Succession 4.0 install this patch:
Install PEP MPLR18064.
and this will finally get rid of the H on Network calls.

What I don't understand is why they don't write a patch for pre-Succession 4.0 switches.

Hope this helps.

John

We do have a contract for LD calls which is a different company then for our local service. Never the less, all calls come in on a DID route whether it is a local or LD...

Thanks John.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back