Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"External Modules Disabled - Unlicensed" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob1974

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2012
US
Hopefully this is a simple issue. I have an used IP500V2 that I bought to learn and tinker with.

I got the system with an SD card with the preferred edition license already installed, running on version 6. I also bought the IPO Small upgrade to R8.1 online. Since it was a used system I backed up and formatted the card using IP Office manager and installed all the licenses, which now show up as Valid. So far, so good.

I also bought an IP400V1 16 port digital external expansion with the Avaya branded blue connection cable. However when I open Avaya Office R8 Manager I do not see the 16 port digital module at all. But when I open Avaya Office R8 System Status application, I get the following message at the bottom of the screen. "External Modules Disabled - Unlicensed" I have borrowed a 30 port expansion and 2nd Avaya cable, but I get the same results.

What license or step am I missing? Thanks in advance!

I suspect the Small Upgrade license.

Marc Berman
Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Project Manager
Carousel Industries

Bob,

The small upgrade licence disables all external modules, and will only allow up to 32 useres.
You need the large licence, this will enable external modules, and it will allow more than 32 useres.

Andre

Well that explains it. Thank you both for responding. Is there a differential upgrade license to cover people who use the small licensing and then later grow their systems past 32 users or with add on modules? (or for people like me who don't pay attention and buy the wrong one)

If not, it's not the end of the world to buy the big license. I just figured on the small one since I only have 3 ip phones plus a box of old Magix 4412 digital sets.

Bob,

Only small & Large upgrade licence for R8.1

270680 IPO LIC UPG R8.1 SML
270399 IPO LIC UPG R8.1 LARGE

You could get a Digital 8 card, or Combo card that inserts into the IP500v2, that will work with the small licence! External cards are disabled with small licence, plus a 32 user limit.

Andre

Why have you not gone to an Avaya Business Partner for this????

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Hi Jamie,

This is not a system in use at an office, it's a system I bought to learn how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back