Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quickly navigate/set default to a directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

baltman

Technical User
Mar 5, 2002
US
Hi everyone! I haven't been around much at all lately and don't use VFP everyday like I used to.

I've been using this trick for years and just had to set it up on a new install. Hope someone else out there finds it helpful.

Quickly navigate/set default to a directory faq184-7360

Brian

Not sure what that buys you that CD ? doesn't, but I do want to point out that you'd be well advised to replace the macros with name expressions where possible, so that paths with spaces don't break the code.

Tamar

Thanks for pointing out the space in path issue. I'll fix it right away. I usually avoid spaces in my directories...

It opens the directory in explorer too. I don't know about everyone else but I often want to open Excel files etc and I appreciate not having to navigate to a directory in VFP and Explorer every time.

Okay, the Explorer thing makes sense. I rarely want to have Explorer open to the same folder, so ...

BTW, you do know that you can put all kinds of files into the Toolbox and open them from there, right?

Tamar

Historically much of my work had been to import/manipulate/output tens of thousands of files in thousands of directories with unique .prg files in each directory for the file(s). Thus this works well for me. Maybe it is less helpful for pure developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back