Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick way of adding a bunch NPAs or NXXs for NARS/BARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajfischer

Instructor
Jan 27, 2005
US
Anyone know a quick way of adding a range or a bunch of NPAs or NXXs at one time in LD90...instead of one at a time??? Are there any "wildcards" like 1-8XX...so this would cover all NPAs that start with (8)...any ideas??

Thanks!!

You have a emulator so you can run scripts, macros, or VB? Pretty much need procom, or reflections and pull from a txt file.

Mato' Was'aka

Can you give me a little more info...lets say I'm using procomm.

Thanks!!

If you were, or can get it, you can probably copy a script from someone on this site that already has one written.

Mato' Was'aka

Do a search for procomm scripts. John Poole has posted several. I too have posted a revised version of his script for doing alll NPA's.

I can't repost it cuz i don't have that pc with me this week.

Code:
proc main
    integer iCount
    string sCount

for iCount = 1200 upto 1999
    waitfor "NPA  "
    itoa iCount sCount
    transmit sCount
    call stepto
    endfor
    transmit "End^M"

endproc 

proc stepto
  beep
  set txpace 40
  endproc

[code]

that's the fastest way, you can modify that to do 100 at a time, i use it for npa's and nxx's on a new install.. then i have a local one that deletes the ones i do not want.. 

if you've never used scripts, try a script record, add a single npa then use work mail merge to add a list (excel or txt) to that file.. either way, it's faster the one at a time

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back