Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick* Dial by Name question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivtrook

Technical User
Jun 28, 2006
US
I have just one user who cannot be accessed via dial by last name, and all other users work. The customer verified the name is correctly spelled, but upon 2 hrs ago the name was wrong and he changed it and it still doesn't work. I had him restart the voicemail pro service from the services application with no go. What do u guys think, a reboot to the IPO??
Thanks in advance

What is the users last name, are there any crazy letters? Also yes a full sysrtem reboot shoudl help you -- VM Pro and IPO. Let us know your results please.

Avaya, Panasonic, Polycom, APC, MCP, A+
##################################
"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

He needs to have recordede his name on his mailbox for this to work also :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

also verify his name is in the directory -- voice recorded.

"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.

when you changed the user Full Name it may have delteed his existing voice recorded name.

When you change the name it creates a new mailbox so he will need to record his name to get it working :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

ah ha thats right, the mailbox name needs to be recorded in order for it to work, i shoulda known that! haha thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back