Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

question about using two coverage paths on a single station

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithMGOA

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
CA
I am trying to find a way to block a nuisance caller to one single DID, I know how to block it to all DIDS.

how to block a call to a VDN using a VRT or programing a step in the vector ( go to step X if ANI =XXX XXX XXXX).

I would prefer not to convert the DID to vdn as it could get messy as the number is for our director.

In station programing there is space to enter two coverage paths. What I wanted to do use the first coverage path to point to vdn with a VRT with the nuisance ANI and disconnect the call if in the list.

if the nuisance ANI is not in the list I want return the call and have it ring at user’s station or if not answered go VM as usual

I set up a test station with the two coverage paths, after the check of the first coverage path the call does not return. Would anyone have any suggestions

Here are the steps I am using

Station
Extension: 17606 Lock Messages? n BCC: 0
Type: 2420 Security Code: TN: 1
Port: 01D0502 Coverage Path 1: 25 COR: 3
Name: Vacant J 7315 Coverage Path 2: 1 COS: 2
Hunt-to Station:
Cover Path

Coverage Path Number: 25
Cvg Enabled for VDN Route-To Party? n Hunt after Coverage? n
Next Path Number: 1 Linkage

COVERAGE CRITERIA

Station/Group Status Inside Call Outside Call
Active? y y
Busy? y y
Don't Answer? y y Number of Rings: 1
All? n n
DND/SAC/Goto Cover? y y
Holiday Coverage? n n

COVERAGE POINTS
Terminate to Coverage Pts. with Bridged Appearances? n
Point1: v11071 Rng: Point2:

Number: 131 Name: J Test Blocking
Multimedia? n Attendant Vectoring? n Meet-me Conf? n Lock? n
Basic? y EAS? y G3V4 Enhanced? y ANI/II-Digits? y ASAI Routing? y
Prompting? y LAI? y G3V4 Adv Route? y CINFO? y BSR? n Holidays? y
Variables? y 3.0 Enhanced? y
01 wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
02 goto step 4 if ani in table 1
03 stop
04 disconnect after announcement none
05 stop

Sincerely

Keith

Have you tried using the forwarding feature rather than coverage in station programming? I would say that may be a better solution, but would have to test to verify.
If you Forward all external calls from station to to VDN with VEC got to step x (disconnect) if ANI in table x, then have the vector call back the internal extension on the second step (make sure forwarding internal calls in not active, set to n in station programming). Let me know if this works?

no best way is if you know the caller id than use ec-500 to do this, much easier this way

What you could do is the EC500 call block like in this faq:
But with a little twist where you give the Director a new cor - just like his old one, and you make the cor for the offending caller allowed to do anything except call the director's cor.

That way the offender can call in anywhere except make calls to the director. Unless he blocks his caller ID of course...

Voicemail can do call screening too I believe

You can also use incoming call handling treatment to convert the incoming digits to a vdn/vector where you can use a VRT to drop nuisance calls, and for all other calls route the call to the station.

You can do it the way you are trying to do. Just make SAC n on the first path. Then everything else N but SAC on the second path.

So call comes in. Users hits SAC call follows second path to wherever you like. Announcement board. Prayer hotline (I have several pointing to that here) [ul]
[li][/li]
[/ul]

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back