Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Putting XP Startup Disks on CD 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmanleygen

Programmer
Apr 8, 2004
US

Hello,

Is it possible to place the 6 XP start-up disks onto a cd for easier and faster install/maintenance?

If I create a WinPE CD how would I get this to boot the correct files in the correct order?

Am I asking too much, should I just keep using the floppy?

Any response would be appreciated,

Thank you,
Derry Manley

Hi there.
Unless I'm missing something, if you can boot from CD then you don't need the startup disks.

Thanks for the quick reply,

MrTBC - Yes you can boot from the CD but if you don't have the proper CD, like if your calling to someone's house to fix their PC, or trying to do a clean install from an upgrade for someone, you need to have the startup disks to really begin for the begining!

Also, if this could work you could load up some better fix tools and perhaps not have to deal with command prompt!

greyted - a great article there, I'll need some time to digest that and try his ideas out!

Thanks again,
Derry

greyted - VERY useful info there!

'When all else fails.......read the manual'

Thank you, hope you do find the aricles of interest and helpful.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Sir Winston Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back