Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pure virtual function call

Status
Not open for further replies.

zucco

Technical User
Mar 1, 2005
US
When I am to print some things suddenly happend
"
Program Error

pure virtual function call
"

in the ctrl-alt-del show

spool32 is not responding

If somebody know this problem
please help me

Thank you
Luis Zucco
Stahl Brasil

Hi Luis,

Looks quite mysterious, but could you tell us what version of Windows and FoxPro you have, and what (if any) network?

Hi ChrisCarroll,

Yes very strange and only happend few times. But, when happen, is necessary restart de computer. This problem
occurr in many computers. I had already apply the patch26
but, it didn´t work out. I ended up sending this message for anybody solve this problem.

Foxpro 2.6a and Windows 95

Thank you
Zucco

I ran into this problem with a Win95 machine that had HP scanner software installed. The title of the message box gave me a clue as to what program was sending. You might try a clean boot to make sure there isn't another driver conflicting with foxpro.

Given that no-one else seems to have heard of this problem, I suppose there could be an outside chance that it's the printer driver?

Sorry not to be more help.

Chris

We had this error when trying to print from FPW2.6a running on Win95 to an HP 2200D Laser Jet. Problem was eventually solved by installing the Driver for HP Laser Jet 3 from the Windows 95 list of drivers.
Hope this helps

Hi,
Try another driver for your printer,
hp laserjet 4+ ,M+
Louis

sometimes fox hangs when trying to "talk" to the windows spooler did you try setting your printer to "print dos jobs directy to printer?"

It is the HP printer driver causing the problem. Using the post script version or a different compatible HP printer driver will eliminate the problem. The HPLJ 6010 printer driver has the same problem with foxpro 2.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back