Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Punmeister Lifetime Achievement Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaMufasa

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
I nominate "SilentAiche Tim" for a Lifetime Punmeister Achievement Award since he is no longer able to post to any thread in any forum without being very "punny". Do I hear a second to this motion?

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I can provide you with low-cost, remote Database Administration services: see our website and contact me via www.dasages.com]

I'll willingly second the motion.

However I'm not sure if this will increase or decrease his "punsmithery" ... or whether either is a good or bad thing. [smile]

I'm sure as soon as he sees this thread there will be a short pregnant pause followed by his cooking up another batch of puns ... another "Pun in the Oven" perhaps?

[Cheers]

I'm not sure that we should be encouraging him. ;)

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

I third the motion. I often look forward to Tim's frequently funny, usually groan-inducing puns. I'm especially in awe of his "serial punning". He definitely deserves the rather dubious distinction.

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

Tim is really living up to the honor! I will twenty-seventh the motion

thread1229-1293591

dated 24 Oct 06 17:50

Professor: But what about your superintelligence?
Gunther: When I had that there was too much pressure to use it. All I want out of life is to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit. That's why I've decided to transfer to Business School.
Professor: NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I vote for Tim too..

thread1256-1302040

dated 16 Nov 06 19:11 "The Suet Joke"

Chris

If yer see a Rook on 'is own, im's a Crow. If yer sees a flock o' Crows, them's Rooks - My Uncle Cecil

Gooser said:
Sure, he's quite the Pundit
Unless you either a) meant your observation to be a pun itself, or b) you meant to say "Sure, he's quite the Pundit of Puns", then I believe you meant "Sure, he's quite the Punster" <grin>
m-w.com said:
Main Entry: pun·dit

Pronunciation: 'p&n-d&t
Function: noun
Etymology: Hindi pandit, from Sanskrit pandita, from pandita "learned"...
2 : a learned man : TEACHER
3 : a person who gives opinions in an authoritative manner usually through the mass media : CRITIC
[cheers]

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

hereby, four hundred and fifty secondeth ...

Paul
------------------------------------
Spend an hour a week on CPAN, helps cure all known programming ailments ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back