Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Punmeister of the Month - June 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunCenturion

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
US
Nominations are officially open for the
June 2006 - Punmeister of the Month

Note: It is not necessary that the pun be in the Making an Impression forum. The pun may come from any post in any Tek-Tips forum. However, the nominations must be made in this thread, with a link to the offending, uh ... nominated post.

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

John,

er, Whale done, Sea Sea.

Honestly, I missed the fifth pun, completely.

Darn it, someone always has the edge. This Socks!

Tim

[blue]__________________________
"Brain Farts" are scentimental
- [/blue]

I must remain en garde for these prime punsters' rapière assauts. They are master manipulateurs of words. I just about think we have disengaged from such foibles, but someone feintly flicks a lamé line our way that lunges us into yet another match of priorité punning that mesures our patience and pommeaus our senses.

This punning ligne of thought is obviously not passé. I'm not sure we canne retreat or turn taille from these punsters' sabre wits. Canne we or quinte we? Don't ask me to prise de fer my thoughts that touché on this menace-ing topic. I cannot bouton my lips or coulé my jets...It causes me just too mouche emotion.

I am remise if I retraite and do not croisé these bridges when I come to them…and marche forward and not liement their expressions. I must not attaque indirecte-ly. I'm not piste off or crosse at anyone...in fact, I am ex-septime of their antics and salut their sixte senses of humour. Some even deserve a plaqué for plastron this forum with puns. But if we could somehow doublé our abattement efforts and re-coupé our dignity, I would yell "Yépée!" in any octave.

I am sure, however, that there are extenue-ating circumstances that cause my MAI colleagues to parade their tierce phrases.

Please don't ask me to retraite my steps or riposte my thoughts a seconde time...it takes just too much préparation and I don't think I could reprise them.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I can provide you with low-cost, remote Database Administration services: see our website and contact me via www.dasages.com]

Wow ... outstanding Santa!

To read such (s)wordsmanship is humbling. To even attempt to cross swords with that is pointless.

[Cheers]

Unbelievable - simply unbelievable.
[cheers]

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

I stand in awe...

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

Dang Dave,

I can't believe a single "colorful" phrase caused someone to spend hours responding. Your post was, nonetheless, very, very clever, with about 50-60 French language references (all I had to do was recall if v-e-r-t, in French, had some connection to the color green).

I think you have July's pun prize locked up.

Maybe next time we should do Spanish, although I, for Juan, have already started down that road.

To CBL, "stile" was so damn smart I had to look it up. I really wish I'd said that.

[green]I Stand in Epee... because the last guy was foiled by the Commodore. [/green] (To Tracy: er, that may not be Awe you're standing in, not if I got there first... Hope you're not pissed at me!:)

Sir Wall Turd Raleigh

[blue]__________________________
"Brain Farts" are scentimental
- [/blue]

CBL, CC, TSD, and SA (aka SWTR),

Thanks for the recognition. (But since they say, "Puns are the lowest form of humour," I'll suggest that I don't deserve much recognition.)

And to be clear, I wasn't just parrying for the "French Connection"...all of those puns have the Fencing World in common.

It just shows what a sad, little life I live if I must get my jollies on a Saturday evening by drowning myself in pun-work...The hang-over from such a drunken-pun frenzy is a killer.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I can provide you with low-cost, remote Database Administration services: see our website and contact me via www.dasages.com]

Tim, I guess I was half-right. I wasn't standing in awe, I was standing in "aw, s**t!"

Either of which could accurately describe my reaction.

Tracy Dryden

Santa's creation was too complicated for me but "sworda figured" - I am dying laughing!

Don't want to be one to throw eggs, but please,

en uff.

Best Regards,
Scott

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

Too many yolks?

:) Tim

[blue]_______________________________________________________
"Although many figures are strange, prime numbers are truly odd."
[/blue]

Yes, it's been ova done.

Tracy Dryden

yeah any more "yolks" and I'd probably vomelet

----------

Steve Budzynski

"So, pass another round around for the kids. Who have nothing left to lose and for those souls old and sold out by the soles of my shoes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back