Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public IP Address issue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craft01

Technical User
Aug 25, 2013
TN
Hi all,

avaya IP Office flagging on the Public IP Address when I put dhcp server on. !!!

I have read your message a couple times but I am not sure what you are saying. Can you please elaborate on what exactly is happening the more information you can provide the easier it is to help you.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

HI critchey, You are right, it was very brief.
Here is the situation:
Under LAN1/LAN Settings when I change DHCP mode from Disabled to server I get error under LAN1/Network Topology.

The error is: Public IP Address field is Invalid and starts flashing yellow
ipo_zqdkt8.png

That is for SIP trunks if you are setting them up. if you dont have SIP you wont need this and even in some cases if you do have SIP you wont need this.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

Yellow is not always bad :)

error_x2mtiw.png

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.
The paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

HI kwing112000,

Yes, I am configuring a SIP trunk, who always still down,and I suspect Public IP Address field

from sbce i get SIP/2.0 408 Request Timeout

sbce_jiqafm.png

in the transport tab of the SIP trunk do you have it set to use LAN1? I dont deal with the SBC's much so i am not sure how this should be set but if you have LAN1 in the trunk try changing it to none.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

Dont have to put any thing in Public IP Address field??

That is very odd that you are getting a warning on your public IP when you make the IPO a DHCP server... lol

You only need to put in a public IP if under the transport tab of the SIP line you say to use network topology. If you don't say use network topology it will use the LAN IP address attached to the SIP traffic. I do not know SBCs well enough to tell you if you need to configure a public IP when using one sadly.

critchey,
I totally agree with you it is odd and that only need to put in a public IP if under the transport tab of the SIP line we say to use network topology .

But my SIP trunk do not want come UP and I'm looking everywhere

I would try changing the transport tab to not use network topology and try because the IPO and SBC should connect through internal network so it shouldn't be needed.

Hopefully one of the SBC experts can comment or shed some light for you.

Under transport tab >>> Network topology I am using>> NONE

Hello derfloh,

I tried; public ip as 0.0.0.0. and same as LAN1 and it doesn't work
I tried; firewall to unknown and to Open Internet and it doesn't work

To be more precise, at IPO startup the trunk is UP and when I make a call it reaches sbce, I see it in the traces. But after a few minutes it go down.

My gues while the SBCE-PROVIDER portion is down, also IPO-SBCE portion also go DONW. I say that because in sbce trace (picture below) the Request Timeout come from B1, also referring to many Application Notes in call flow at Received Interface for Service Provider we put Private_sig (picture below) and at Received Interface for IPOffice we put Public_sig (picture below)

tracesbce_lu17nz.png

callserver_oyjxck.png

callserver_rq1nud.png

Provider has not yet configured his portion , it is not even connected,I set heartbeat disable . I'm preparing my IPO and my SBCE, I'm anticipating

Thank you all, the problem is solved as soon as the provider configures its part.

in return on Avaya Application Notes I found that
Sans_titre_s57yzk.png

Pink star for posting the resolution, @Craft01.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back