Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PTY's showing ENBL, but no one's currently logged in

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWhitt

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2008
US
hello,

having issues logging into my CS1000 via EM. shows "no idle TTY channels available"

STAT in ld 37 shows PTY's in ENBL status, which explains why they're not available, but a >who at the command prompt reveals only the main terminal TTY being logged in (so i can't do a FORC logout on the enabled PTY's).

how do i get these back to DSBL status??

You can try the 'DIS <x>' command in ld 37. <x>=TTY port.

In the past the PTY ports used to have problems locking up if you were accessing them incorrectly.

If the DIS command does not work, you may have to INI the switch to get them back.

the DIS command won't disable pseudo TTY and INI is not an option for my switch (0 downtime).

Could i just OUT, then re-add the PTYs? i did notice the config on the non-functional PTY's is different from the PTY I just added and gained access to the switch w/.

How would i go about outing the PTY?

Is this a single core, or multi-core system?

If multi-core, then swapping the cpu's may help.

I would be wary of outing and re-building the PTY's as there is already something wrong, and you could be setting yourself up for corruption.

You could always add more PTY's, but I would try to figure out what is causing them to become 'locked-out', or you may find the new ones in the same condition.

there was a patch for this same problem two years ago

opt 11 style cpu? last time i saw this the only cure was a ini.. another reason very few of us play with otm.

the out command will sch out to "disable the tty" ld 37 dis will sch out to "you can not hardware disable a soft tty"

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back