Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming Partner Voice Messaging PC card

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlee1958

Programmer
Sep 18, 2014
US
how can I program dial by name on my Partner voice messaging PC card??
Thank you for calling ABC, our business hours are 8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday. If you know your party's ext please dial it now. If you know your party's last name & would like to hear an employee directory please dial *2 now. Is there a hidden code to get to that?? Please say yes. Thank you

You don't with Partner PC Card. You need the Partner Messaging Module to have dial-by-name.

I was afraid of that and there is no work around?

Not with the PC Card. It is what is it. It is pretty basic. You can set up selector codes off the main menu such as Press 1 for..., press 2 for...., press 3 for, and have those go to people's extensions, but no dial by name.

Thank you Telecomboy, I appreciate your feed back.

Partner Messaging is a 48 port voice mail system isn't it?

I think you are referring to one possible configuration of the Partner Mail VS. The Avaya Partner Messaging can support up to 200 boxes.

At this point, an upgrade to the Avaya Partner Messaging R7...the final version of the APM...would be the way to go. The Partner Mail VS is an older unit and Partner equipment isn't getting any younger. [cry]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Definitely get a Partner Messaging, not a Partner Mail VS. The Partner Messaging is the latest and last release so it will be the newest....and they are not that expensive these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back