Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming Intercom Capability with 6408D+'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

L33tlucid

Technical User
Jul 9, 2009
US
I have an Avaya S8710 system with 3 G650's along with the MCU. Im tryin gto program two phones with intercom capability and have yet to figure it out. Does anyone have any idea how this may work? I basically need a Boss/Secretary intercom capability set up. Boss to secretary and secretary to boss. Thanks in advance for your time.

List intercom-group (to see which groups you may have and select one to change - if no groups exist, "add intercom-group" and then put their extensions in the same group and assign a dial code - this information is then placed on their phones as an "auto-icom" button with the intercom group number and the appropriate dial code (pointing at each other). Example:

Jane Doe - x 1234 - dial code 01 (intercom group # 5)
John Doe - x 1235 - dial code 02 (intercom group # 5)

Jane's Phone
auto-icom - gr: 5 DC: 02

John's Phone
auto-icom - gr: 5 DC: 01

Thank you very much demanding. You've helped me out alot!

I tried this, and i wasnt clear enough before. I would like to set up a One-Way intercom capability. So instead of being able to talk back and forth, it will be one way from the person who initiates the intercom. Is this possible?

I would imagine if you just didn't give the intercom button to the person who is always receiving...

-_- I understand that. Once again, probably not clear enough, when i hit the intercom button on the phone, it picks up on the other phone automatically (due to changing the autopickup option), but i can communicate between the phones. As if it were just a phone call. There is two-way communication. It is "Full-Duplex". I want the initiator to be able to speak to the receiver without the receiver being able to talk to the initiator and without the initiator being able to here the receiver.

It's been quite a while since I had my hands in a Definity, but it sounds like you need to make a one phone page group.

I didnt think about a page group. Let me go play around a little bit and let you know what i find. Thank you oldward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back