Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming A Destination Code to pick up a Line on a remote BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamFam

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2006
CA
Hello everyone

This is a continuation of a thread I started almost 2 years ago:

thread1361-1280875

I am back at the remote site, and I am trying to finish this up.

I am at the same point as before.

BCM1 is programmed as follows:

Created destination code "8". This destination code points to route 002.
Route 002 is attached to the VOIP Pool (Pool C)
In remote gateways, "9" has been appended to the destination code for the BCM that I want to get an outside line on (BCM2). 9 is the number you must dial on that BCM to get an outside line.

For reference, here are pics of the programming of BCM 1:

BCM 2 has a remote access package (09)that allows access to the outside lines (Pool A). This remote access package is assigned to each of the 8 VOIP trunks.

See here for pics of that programming:

Now, if I understood steef right in the last thread, this *should* work.

What is happening however, is that when I dial "89" from a phone connected to BCM1, I get the prime set on BCM2 ringing, and eventually go to general delivery mailbox, (22439) as no one is at that plant at the time I am attempting to call (Night bell/auto attendant is on).

Where have I gone wrong?

Sorry for digging up an old topic, but I have not been back onsite at the BCM1 location since I posted the last thread.

Any help is *MUCH* appreciated.

It looks like you have it , but I would absorb 1 instead of all. abosrb all means your are sending the 8 and 9 xxxxxx. Absorb 1 drops the 8 sends the 9 and the numbers. You also need to make a public number of 9 and 91 in dialing plan public numbers with 9 at 11 and 91 at 12.it should work.

cook, absorb all means to aborb the whole desti code. So if 8 is his desti code the absorb all is what he wants. Before you make any other changes try this. Make a change on the route that you are using for desti 8. In the dial out number put in a 9 for that route. Then from the remote side you just dial 8 plus the normal number. The route will put the 9 in front of your number. Cook is correct if you are dialing 89 for all your outside calls then you need to go in a change your public dialing length plus 1. But if you do it the way I stated you may not have to change anything. let us know.

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately, both methods yield the same result. Prime set on BCM2 ringing, and eventually going to voicemail.

In fact, just dialing the "89" gets me that result. Never mind the number that follows.

Still having trouble with this. Any other ideas anyone?

Thanks for all the help so far.

Have you watched the BCM Monitor to see what your sending on the one end and what your receiving on the other end. It doesn't help much to keep guessing, facts help alot.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

thanks for the reply. Check the linked thread in the first post, there are images of the BCM Monitor report there. I can make much sense of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back