Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming A Destination Code to pick up a Line on a remote BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamFam

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2006
CA
What I want to do is program a destination code that will pick up a line on a remote BCM.

The BCMs are already networked via IP and functioning correctly. So what I want is that on BCM 1 (Europe) you enter a code and it grabs a line on BCM 2 (Canada) so you can dial local to Canada from there.

I know how to program a destination code (I did that to get the inter company extension dialing working BCM to BCM), but what do I have to do to tell it to grab a line so I can dial out?

Thanks

I believe so. 9 physical line from the telco.

could you do screenshots from programming? dest-codes, routes, lines, remoteaccesspackages and so on from both bcms?

I can do, but it will take some time.

I just noticed that the vendor for BCM1 in Asia failed to apply any patches to the BCM when it was installed a couple months ago. It's still at 3.7 with no patches.

So, I'm going to have to have a word with them (through an interpreter) and at least get Service Release 2 installed.

Perhaps that will alleviate some of my issues.

I will report back as soon as I have more info, and the screenies. I will likely have the screenies tomorrow for you, while the patch application probably won't happen until next week.

thanks for all your help thus far!

installing all the patches should be done as first, right.

Yep.

I just assumed that because this BCM was a new install it would be up to date.

I guess the vendors do things differently here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back