Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PROGRAMING 012 CARD FOR FAX

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuckleweasel

Programmer
Sep 2, 2005
US
I HAVE A MERLIN LEGEND 7.0 V10.0. I HAVE A 012 CARD AND THE FIRST TWO PORTS WORK FINE AND HAVE TWO FAXES HOOKED TO THEM USING A PRI. THE OTHER PORTS EXCEPT FOR THE LAST ONE I CAN NOT GET DIALTONE WHEN I ASSIGN IT AN EXTENSION. I GET "TALK BACK", I BELIEVE IT IS CALLED WHEN YOU CAN HEAR YOURSELF THROUGH THE PHONE. I CAN CALL THE EXTENSION AND MY PHONE RINGS BUT I CAN NOT GET TONE TO DIAL OUT. WHAT STEPS SHOULD I DO TO PROGRAM THE PORTS TO GET DIAL TONE FROM THE PRI. PLEASE GIVE ME STEPS TO PROGRAM THIS BECAUSE I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS SYSTEM.

Not sure exactly what you mean. Why don't you print a report for one of the working 012 extentions, and then print a report for a non-working extention - and post it here. It could be that you have a defective 012 module.

You can print an extention's report to a text file using WinSPM. Do you have that program??

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

nope. I am a toshiba installer and do not have experience with legend systems. I got thrown into this one. I am able to call the pri number that i assigned to the port and have my test set ring. I can answer it and talk just fine. I can intercom the three digit extension just fine as well. I just dont get dial tone when I go off hook. I have thought about powering it down then back up, but should I turn off the expansion cabinet first then the base, then turn on the expansion then the base or the other way around. OR DOES IT EVEN MATTER! I dont know.

You will not get a dial tone when you go off-hook - unless you have an initial "9" in your dial string - to access an outside line from the pool of available lines. The default is internal dialtone - to dial another extention. You could put a pool button on the extention(s) in question and then program autoline select to pick the pool button first - that way you should get immediate dial tone.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

I think he's saying that when he goes off hook, he doesn't get Internal Dial Tone, but instead only gets talk battery. It's possible that your extension is programmed to go off hook on a pool without dialtone, or even the pool with the PRI channels in it.

You may be in over your head, if you don't have WinSPM to do a print, or have Legend experience - but try this:

At the programming phone:
Menu
System Program
Start (or Exit)
-> (or More)
CentralTelephone Program
Program Extension
Dial your extension number
Enter
-Now press the "line" buttons, starting in the botttom left. See what the display tells you they are. You should be seeing SysAccess-Ring, SysAccess-Ring, SysAccess-Out, and maybe a pool button or two.

Try pressing the lower left button, then dialing *14, then pressing the lower left button again, the button above that, and the button above that, then dialing **14. That will get you Internal Dial tone first, you will need to dial 9 before the outside number.

It sounds like that Extension has a DEAD LINE assigned to it, and it is selecting that DEAD LINE as it's off hook choice.

Printing that extension will show you if that could be the case.

I usually assign the MAIN POOL to my FAX Extensions, Turn the ringing off on that button, and then use the AUTO LINE SELECT feature to insure that the FAX selects the Pool for dialing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back