Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program BCM50 via 7316

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2010
US
Cant he BCM 50 be programming via the 7316 set like the MICS/CICS can for system programming i.e. SET, LINES, FEATURES etc. without the network connection?

No problem. I do it all the time. Especially once the systems are installed.

I was told that the BCM should not be programmed from the set like the MICS and that if you can only a certain SW level will allwo this?

I am use to using F**266344 and PW is this still the logon to programming on the BCM like the MICS?

P.S. I am so use to porgramming via the set for so many years that I would rather keep doing it that way if possible.

This BCM was installed by another vendor. I have been able to reset the Call Pilot PW. Can I reset the PW for systemprogramming the same way I do for a MICS?

No. All usernames/passwords are maintained via Element Manager. Connect a laptop to the OAM port (far left ethernet port), it will assign you an IP address of 10.10.11.2. Open up a web browser and type in and hit enter. You will need to know the username and password (try the defaults) of the system to continue. Download Business Element Manager and install it on your PC.

If you do a cold reset of the system, all extensions will default and the voicemail will also be reset.

--DB

Thank you I have a small BCM50 that I picked up totrain myself on and I have DL Element Manager.

I have another question. I have a client that has a BCM and about a year ago Embarq convineced her to upgrade to a PRI and DID service. She really did not need this and has never used the 25 DID numbers.

Since then she is cutting expenses due to the economy and wants to port ot Cox and drop from a 16 line hunt group to 6 line hunt group.

Here is my question. Will the BCM be able to accomidate the Loop lines once again or will I have to retrofit it.

How can I audit her equipment inventory to see what she has in the way of available Loop ports that will accept the lines.

I am so use to just looking at the front of a MICS and can see the cards installed. Is there something I should look for on the BCM?

It can by changing the media bay module. However, you can downgrade the number of trunks being used on a PRI. I see companies doing it all the time when sharing voice and data across the same T1. Most LECs will install am Integrated Access Device (IAD) that has a PRI and 10BaseT connection for internet access. Before converting to COX loopstart lines, look into this. I know Telesphere, XO/Integra and Time Warner do it all the time. They may be able to save a few buck and still retain some good service.

Should they decide to go this route, you can disable channels on the PRI to accomodate the proper amount of trunks. Remember, CbC limits come in handy at this point.

--DB

They already signed a contract so it is a done deal with Cox for the loop lines.

I fired up my own little BCM50 in house. I was able to get on via Element Manager as well as via **266344.

I can not seem to reset the PW for Voice Mail and AA admin via F985 procedure.

Any suggestions.

BTW I am going to go to their site tomorrow. I will connect via a network cable and hope they left the default PW in place.

How can I see what inventory they have of loop lines. Will their be a module report I can look at. I just need enough for 6 to 8 loop lines for them and they will be happy.

Thanks!

Follow up . I have check all over for Admin PW reset. It is the same procedure I use for CP on the MICS but I keep getting INVALID PASSWORD. each time.

I can reset the entire VM system with F982 procedure but will which is ok cause this is just a test system but will that reset the admin back to 102000?

Can I log on via Element Manger to reset CP?

if you got into element manager just click the bottom tab applications, then launch call pilot and use the same user name and password. When logging in thru f983 use the 738662 then the password. Its the same way you access config.

Well I had to unplug the BCM to move a cable then when I plugged it in it came up but now Element Manager will not allow me log back on. It says it is trying to Resolve Cartidge Identifier then fails to long on.

I am really stumpped now.

They are all steady green. I noticed how long it takes for it to boot up. The set is working ok and so is voice mail. I can access both now via the set.

I am using 192.168.1.2 when I logged on but the front of th eunit has a sticker that says 192.168.38.245.

I found the option to scan for the ip address and it found 192.168.1.111 and then I could log on.

It is giving me an error saying that it can not launch OPERA?

Opera is a web browser. Are you trying to access Call Pilot from Element Manager? Also, the far left OAM port should be 10.10.11.1 unless someone changed it. But regardless, the DHCP server on the OAM port is always enabled.

--DB

I am a fast learner and I am getting the hang of the BCM vs the MICS. It is not to hard.

I will be visiting this new customer who wants to change from an expensive PRI down to 6 POTS lines.

I should I expect to do to retrofit her current BCM and downgrade it to be able to handle 6 POTS lines, equipment, software etc?

Can I use a crossover cable direct into a Laptop or PC if I can not get to a network connection?

I assume then that I will need to DL te Element Manager software and run it?

At the site now and here is what I found. I also have a pic.

There are 4 modules
1=BCM50 SW 2.0 KSU with one 25 pair AMP connector
2=BCM50 Expansion-01 with two 25 pair AMP connectors
3=BCM50 Expansion-02 Digital Trunk Interface
4=BCM50 Power Supply Unit

I am trying to determine with this clinet hase enough loop start ports to add 6 POTS lines and DC the PRI or will I have to change out a cartridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back