Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prof. Recorded Announcements. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rzacek

Technical User
Nov 11, 2002
US
We have a G3R6 and I was wondering what equipment we would need to upload professionally recorded announcements to our system, and if it can be done without contacting Avaya.

Thanks you in advance.

Here's what you need:
1 PC with sound card
1 Callmaster IV
1 mono lead 6.3mm to 3.5mm

The 3.5mm end of the cable goes into the PC audio out socket.
The 6.3mm end of the lead goes into one of the Callmaster IV headset sockets. find out which one by trial and error.

You dial the announcement record FAC etc on the Callmaster (listening through the PC speaker or the other Callmaster headset jack) and playback the wav file when ready to record.

You can also reverse the process. Plug the lead into the PC mic and the other Callmaster socket and you can playback announcements on the phone and save them as wav files on the PC.

Who needs VAL boards?
[deejay]

Hope this helps,

Ronster

We use a company called on hold marketing. I hooked up their equipment to
1. analog phone line
2. An aux trunk pack
3. Music on hold source ( change system parameters features}
I can have 12 recorded announcements a year. (New one once a month.)
I dont remember the exact cost but I believe it about $475.00 a year. They can dial into it and store the new messages. Real nice system.

If you find any mistakes, please consider that they are there for a purpose. And everyone needs a purpose.
Mikey

Hi Ronster,

Need information how to add station (callmaster IV/603f1) to the system (G3/V8). I borrow that unit but still can add to the system.

Thanks.

But if you would like 1 hour of announcement time a Val board is nice to have.....If you have an extra 10K around.

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Gee,

I did it, now I can playback my announcment and save it in Wav file. What a clear sound !
The problem is when i start to transfer my wav to my ann the sound quality is too low, even i maximize the audio output. Any idea ?

I use Cool Edit Pro to convert my wave files. Within that program I am able to reset the base line and increase the volume.

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Thanks for all your help. I ended up using a TMP 636 from to "upload" the message after editing the track using cool edit pro. The only con to this is it didn't work well using a digital voice terminal, so I used a 2500 instead and it worked beautifully.

We're looking at using the company On-hold Marketing Systems (ohms.com) for professional voice for our auto-attendant voicemail box greetings. One option they use to transfer the recordings is direct telephone upload from their studio by phone patch. Does anybody know how this works, do they dial direct into the intuity mailboxes? We have 18 greetings that need to be recorded, and don't know how they can do this without dialing into system 18 times. Sorry if this sounds ignorant, this is new to me. Thanks for any help.

We use the standard option of converting the studio WAV-file to the A-law format which is necessary for the VAL-board. We do this by the Windows sound recorder as is told us by Avaya.
Problem is that the quality is poor. I read using cooledit pro can help. Who can help me to get the right settings on cooledit to correct the poor quality. I feel as the letter 'S' sounds to hard after conversion.

As far as I know, the only formats the VAL will accept are 8000k a-law or u-law. I tried using Cool Edit to convert our recorded WAV files, but the results were poor when uploaded to the board.

I have found that using a pair of cheap headphones (the flat padded kind) works well. Just press the headphone up to the handset mic and play the file on your PC. Compare the recorded announcement volume level with others already on the system, then make note of the volume settings.

It does take some coordination to hit the "Play" button right after hitting "1" on your phone to start the recording.

A little kludgy, but the quality is good.

With my several experience, I found that to transfer wav file to Definity, I have to use active speaker / mini amplifier to increase volume gain level, because PC audio output produce pre-amp output (I don't know how to say the correct word).

With interface of active speaker and oudio output came from active speker, I connect it to callmaster IV to upload the announcement, the sound quality is good!

I have electronic circuit schema for interface recording and playback announcment, it cost only USD5. This circuit is to replace Callmaster IV (no nedd callmaster IV anymore). I have use this circuit to record and transfer back my announcement. Very cheap and useful, still need mini amplifier (or active speker with audio output plug) connect it to analog phone and transfer ann to PABX.

Also I using my own circuit for interface music on hold. only need 1 resistor 5 watt, and 4 of Capacitor non polarity. It work great for my Definity, and play 5 different music on hold to may call center without multi tenant on my system.

For voice editor, i am using sound forge 6.0. there are many setting for reduce noise or humm problem.

Is it possible to mail me the electronic circuit diagram which you are using for placin WAV-files in the Definity ?

Hi g3user,

Sorry not to reply your post so looong. Do you have any mail adress, so i can send you mail about that circuit diagram ? I don't know how to put picture in this post without point to any web site.

Jagoan

Multiple music on hold without multi-tenant. Sounds interesting. if you don't mind, plz e-mail to me as well.

avayatech at rediffmail.com

Thanks.

Post your emails without "at the rate symbol" to hide yourself from spammers.!!!

Hi Jagoan,

thanks for reply.

My mailadress : zetixnainer@hotmail.com

You need a device called a "switcher" which is actually a deluxe headset adapter, which had an old PEC code of 3123-125/A . The bottom of the adapter has a label with the number KS23822-L61. I would guess that Plantronics really made it even though mine has a Lucent logo

This device is hooked in series with a standard DEFINITY handet and station, and it has wires connecting to your computer's speaker and microphone ports

Next you need software to play the announcement files into the phone. I use Cool Edit.

I view the announcement file in Cool Edit, then on the telephone I dial my annc FAC, then the announcement extension, then "1" to record and simultaneously click the "play" button on the Cool Edit software, and the announcement plays though my computer into the telephone onto the annc board. A little cumbersome but actually works OK

Andy Backs
MVD Communications
andy.backs@mvdcommunications.com

Ronster,
Following your instructions, I'm able to play announcement or anything in the phone and record in PC. The reverse way doesn't seems to work. I reversed the connections. I played a wav file in PC, When I try to hear that in CallMaster headset, I can ony hear the dial-tone. I tried to record an annoucement as well. Doesn't seems to workout.

What am I missing?

Lu,
Can you hear PC sounds thru a headset connected to the other CallmasterIV socket?
Make sure you plug the PC end of the cable into the speaker socket then play around with the phone end.
Are you using stereo jacks which may not be connecting the same channel both ends?

Hope this helps,

Ronster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back