Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prof. Recorded Announcements. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rzacek

Technical User
Nov 11, 2002
US
We have a G3R6 and I was wondering what equipment we would need to upload professionally recorded announcements to our system, and if it can be done without contacting Avaya.

Thanks you in advance.

Yep, I'm using stereo jacks, let me convert it to mono and try again. Thanks much for the info.

Btw, theres a hiss noise on the background when I record from Phone to PC, is there a way to eliminate this?

Use an audio editing program such as cool edit pro. That is what I did to remove background noise. If you do not have this or a similar program, I can do it for you. to get my attention please just post a reply.

Hope this information Helpful

Audio transfer from telephone to PC or vice versa
To record from Analog line to PC, this circuit is pre-amplified. Plug mono lead into PC’s mic line or line-in; adjust volume for correct volume peak.

For PC to analog line you need amplifier such as active speaker to increase power gain. Plug Mono lead into PC’s audio-out, adjust volume, to hear the correct volume, just dial other extension, play an any sound file and adjust volume until its well heard.
This circuit can be use for voice recording.
phonetap.jpg

Phonetap

Multiple announcements
This circuit will help you with nice and clear sound for on hold (waiting) music without multipartition/tenant.
I use 4 soundcard with winamp, enable multi-instance setting in winamp’s preference (see winamp help for detail); each sound goes to one circuit. Adjust volume in each winamp program for correct volume.
moh.jpg

MOH

To enable music on Hold, change system-parameters features, Point to:
Music/Tone on Hold Music Port : (type empty analog port here)

For Hearing or test purpose, create vdn with vector :
01 wait-time 120 secs hearing music
02 goto step 1 if unconditionally
03 disconnect after announcement none
04 stop

To check, just dial VDN extension number.

To add more music on hold, create a new announcement
ANNOUNCEMENTS/AUDIO SOURCES
Ann.
No. Ext. Type COR TN Name Q QLen Pro Rate Port

1 6666 analog-m 1 1 Music on Hold #1 b N/A N/A N/A 01b0213

In Vectoring, type
01 queue-to skill 7 pri m
02 announcement 6806
03 wait-time 20 secs hearing 6831 then continue
04 announcement 6807
05 wait-time 30 secs hearing 6832 then continue
06 disconnect after announcement 6808
07 stop

Regards,
Jagoan

Aaarrgh!

Anyone can help me how to put those files here. I try use goeciteies, my preview work. But when it submit, I found that preview work in my cache, not in this post!

Maybe I send you 2 files and put again back to this thread, this picture may be helpful for the others.

Rgds.

Good one Jagoan.

If the circuit diagrams doesn't show up, just right click on the picture icon-->Show Picture (IE).

Jagoan,
My concern is recording from PC to phone for professional announcements. Does your circuit (phone tap) works for this ? Do I need anything more? I'm planning to build that circuit, just a confirmation before that. What's that active speakers? Do I need that? Can you throw some more light on this... pls.

Thanks.

Yes, that circuit work in my system, it record from PC to phone analog line. Because PC Audio out generate low audio power (pre-amp), you need an amplifier to increase power gain.

Active speakers mean Multimedia speaker, for example Altec Lanzing or any external multimedia speakers. Find multimedia speaker with builtin audio out (for earphone).
Alternatifely, you can use mini amplifier to replace multimedia speakers.

Simple diagram is :
PC to Phone :
PC (audio out) -> Multimedia Speakers (earphone/audio out)-> Telephone Tap Circuit -> Analog phone set (paralel/use same cable with telephone tap circuit)

Phone to PC :
Analog phone set (paralel/use same cable with telephone tap circuit) -> Telephone Tap Circuit -> PC (Audio; Linein/Mic)

Tips for volume configuration ; set volume in PC and Audio Player to Max, also for Multimedia speakers. Ajust volume only from Telephone Tap Circuits. Don't forget to minimize all volume when you have done, otherwise you got shocked when you play next audio file (it's very loud)!

Apologize for my English and I hope you understand my "language".

Rgds,

Excellent. Thank you very much. I've Altec Lancing with me. Let me try out. Thanks Again and one more star for you.

AvayaLu, Jagoan, I posted on Sept 8 about the device from Dynametric, it works great if you don't have the time or resources to build a device.

Hi rzacek,

Device from Dinametric is TMP-636 and it cost $80. That's good and handy tools. But for some people it's fun to built "own made", this is for hobbiest I think.
Thanks for your info.

Rgds,

When I tried from Phone to PC, I got a lot of bkgrnd noise, I've to remove that using Adobe Audition (Amazing software! free trial available on their website).

Does PC to phone recording creates hiss background noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back