Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems with normal.dot after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2002
BE
Hi,

I recently upgraded to Office XP from Office2k. When I open a word document Word returns an error saying: "The file filename.doc is not available." After clicking ok the document doesn't open and when I close Word the program asks to save the normal.dot file.
I deleted all temporary files on the harddisk and renamed the normal.dot file, started a new document in Word so that the normal.dot file is recreated but no luck. All service packs are installed the pc. It's running on Win2k pro. Can anyone help me out here?

Thx,

Sense.

On the pc there was NAV corporate edition 7.0. It seems that before this a NAV 2002 home edition was installed, but not fully removed. I removed both installation and reinstalled the NAV Corporate 7.0. After that I removed the normal.dot file and started word, which creates a new normal.dot file automatically. Problem solved!

Sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back