Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with CMM on System Platform V6

Status
Not open for further replies.

faddyuk

Technical User
Jul 17, 2009
GB
I am in the process of installing a V6 System Platform (vsp-6.0.2.0.5 ) with an embedded CM template (6.1.0.0.2350)
All seems ok apart from the CMM
There is no visibility on the install to address the CMM
I have recently installed an MBT (5.2.1) template and within the System Platform there is an option in the Server Management/Network Configuration to address CMM
Can anyone provide any guidance on this issue?

is it even an option for CM6? i know you lose SES and i havent read anyhthing about CMM being included..

actually thats quite a valid question.. can we even run CMM on v6

yes, you can run cmm on v6.

All you do is create the CMM IP node name as normal but give it the same IP Address as the procr/clan, then the CMM port needs to be 11720 instead of 1720.

Should work like a dream.

In System Platform, you have to enable messaging, then you will see a link in the Admin menu. Make sure your license includes RTU for messaging.

Hi all.
i have a problem along the same lines. when i go into the messaging web page and click on licenses it says "error"

Q - how do i enable/generate the cmm license? previously it was included with cm license so is it extra cost now?

thanks in advance
N

The license for CMM is now separate (and they charge for each subscriber as well), the actual license is another "XM:" file that gets built when you are in PLDS, and then you download it separatly from the CM license. It's installed on the same WebLM server, but its a different product.

Also I found out that the "sa" and "vm" logins no longer work, and you no longer have "terminal" access to the CMM, as we used to with the IA770. This means Web administration ONLY (which is horribly slow and cumbersome, to those of us who can go very quickly with the older character based interface)

This is a GIGANTIC step backwards. it means you can't take the data from an IALX or an old MAP5 and download it with ProVision, and push it out the a new CMM running on CM6.

In trying to look more like CISCO and the competition, AVAYA is losing their technical advantages they used to have.

also, do NOT try and restore a CMM backup from a CMM R5.2.1, as they are no longer compatible with the CMM running on CM6. This is how I used to get switches done quickly, by restoring a translation from a CMM/Switch that was done recently, and then modifying a few things (subsrcriber names, auto attendants etc)
). That is gone now as well.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Has anyone had issues with the "auto attendant" page on CMM on CM6?

whenever I setup the 'digits' and save, when you go back in and edit, none of what you did gets saved. The auto attendants also do not work.

I have a ticket open with AVAYA, who seems to be aware of the issue and mentioned an "August 15th" Service Pack to correct this issue.

Only trouble is, we can't wait another month for a resolution to this issue. has anyone else had a problem with CMM on CM6's auto attendants?

thanks,

Mitch

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back