Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems dialing out using PRI and POOL A

Status
Not open for further replies.

GigiBgd

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2003
US
I have Nortel Norstar modular ics (4.0)system with 2 routes : route 001 PRI and route 002 Pool a
Pool a uses 10 analog lines to access the outside line.
I have moved my phone system from one floor to another and after the move only PRI works whereas the pool a doesn't get a dial tone.
(for pri i hit 9 to get an outside line for pool a i hit 2 on the phone unit)
If I unplug the PRI and set route001 to pool a it works fine, but if I plug back the pri set the way it was Pool a doesn't work - I cant figure out is it because of the wiring or is it the programing issue

Thanks
Goran

Sounds like you didnt wire up the copper trunks or do it properly,see the FAQs for wiring.
What is the error when you press 2?
Strange code to dial out...you sure it's 2 and not 8 or 7 or 91 92 etc?.

Ill check the FAQ and yes it is 2 to dial out

also when I press 2 it show line 060( which is used for pool for loop a) but I dont get a dail signal - which I usually do ..I don't get an error

Have you verified your analog dialtone at your new floor?

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Assign the lines to reception and see if dial tone on them.
Maybe first line in the pool has a bad connection.

DUH! we were lpaying with it two 2am
|After rewiring/patching again everything is working fine so it had to be the connection issue
thanks a lot guys for your replys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back