Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems Dialing 866 numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

excoach

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2003
US
I have two 866 numbers that I dial. One of the numbers connects okay but the other 866 number gives me a 'fast busy' sound. Any ideas why? I have a Definity G3siV6.

take a look at your ARS table for the 1866 string. Other than that have you tested with an outside line to verify that the number is still valid?

1866 is setup in ARS. Both numbers work when I use my cell phone. I am by far not a guru in the phone area so any little or big suggestions would help.

The problem then has to be your carrier that you are directing 1866 calls to. I bypass my ISDN-PRI trunks for all toll-free numbers and route then over my copper ground-start CO trunks, as these are toll-free calls anyway, why tie up ISDN trunks ?

if you have the command 'list trace', do that on the station you are calling from. that will show what actual digits are being outpulsed, and what route pattern and trunk group are being used. possibly there is a ars/aar digit conversion table entry for that particular 866 number

thanks, tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back