Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Small Office & analogue trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreaspergantis

Technical User
Nov 24, 2006
CY
Hi everyone,

I have a peculiar problem with a Small Office IPO v3.2(54). This system has two analogue trunks and 4 digital extensions. The trunks both ring to ext201 and all the extensions share them for outgoing calls. The problem I have is the following: If I try to forward the 201 extension to an outside number (for example a mobile) the system shows me that the extension has been forwarded, but when a call IN, the extension doesn't ring and I am not forwarded. Monitor & Call Status show me that there is an incoming call but nothing else. Monitor and Manager show me that the extension is forwarded but the system is not trying to forward the incoming call. I cannot forward even through the phone manager. This problem happens with all extensions, BUT if I try to forward to another extension I have no problem. I have no user or system restrictions whatsoever and I am going mad. I have used a prefix and all available kinds of forward (unconditional, follow me to etc.)& the second trunk is not being used (it's available). Finally both trunks are working correctly for incoming and outgoing calls.

Thanks or any help.

Don't tell me that it is the (Allow analog trunk to trunk connect) check box in the analog trunk, analog options tab? If it is no I have not checked it. Should I?

Yes you need to turn it on for both trunks and then in the system tab turn on allow outgoing transfer.

You should be careful when forwarding calls like this. We have had problems with Small Office and Alog lines not clearing and needing a reboot to clear. (Not tried it on 3.2 though)
Cheers

Colpot ACA:Implement
(Remember - If it aint broke - fix it till it is.)

Exactly, the lines weren't clearing after the participants hung up, so I decided to forward the 2 lines through the provider :) As far as I know this is not a problem of IPO, but certain providers don't provide a release tone for PBXs to clear analog lines.

If you have call status, and phone manager installed on the same machine, you can steal the call when the line locks up via call status. If prior to 4.0 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back