Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Parking Calls on MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

britten

Programmer
Oct 21, 2004
CA
I have customer with a MICS that when you park a numerous calls, when you try and pick them up at another extension, you end up picking up the wrong call. It is like the callers are being bumped to different park codes as calls come in. Has anyone ever experienced this before and if so, how did you you fix it? THANX

nope... but if you park 1 call on 101 then park the next call on 102,or 103,or 104 ect ect and then some picks up 101...101 becomes available... so next call gets 101 if you were a bit slow to retrieve... your 101 was pick up and now there is a new 101...so on and so forth

ski season has started

Thanks for the prompt reply. I saw it happen one time and they were trying to pick up the calls immediately. I think it might be a glitch or I am wondering if a faulty power supply would cause this problem? Thanx luv2ski.

Pretty hard to ski in Alberta right now cause it is -35 degrees celsius outside.

We had a similar situation with a client and it turned out that employee's would pick the wrong park and hang up but I also agree with (luv2ski)

weekends we live to ski and it's non negotiable.

Now I've had a client and two different phones where they could not pick up the parked call on a CICS, can't figure that one.

Thanks

Britton If the MICS is 6.0 up you could change the Park Mode to Cycle which would allow it to go to the next Park code in sequence instead of always returning to 101. In a busy environment, it seems to be less confusing then when the users always hearing 101,102,103, 104 only. I think it goes up to 25, then goes back to 101.

SAM173 did you verify your park code? If you made any DN changes to the system which would of had a conflict with the Park Code- it would turn the Pak code to NONE.

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Sorry for what seem I'm taking over your thread britten,

My problem seem intermitten, happened this morning and was okay in the afternoon, Not sure what you mean by "If you made any DN changes to the system which would of had a conflict with the Park Code" Are you saying every time a DN is changed it can cause a conflict?

Thanks

What level of software are you working with. What is the working issue or SP number (i.e) 6.1 software v6.01.

There is a known issue with Call park with the above version and you would need to upgrade to DR 6.1 v6.10. This is a free upgrade from Nortel.

Also maybe increase the park timeout - people may be taking to long to pick up the parked call and the receptionist has parked it again on a different code.

Thanks for all of your input. I believe they are running at DR 4.1, I think I will change their park mode from lowest to sequential because they do recieve a large volume of calls.(Thank you Sphoneman). But I do have one last concern, I have had problems with volume on sets going up and down intermittently and I have heard that is because of a bad power supply, so if that was the case would their be errors in the system's functionality if the power supply was bad(no parking calls properly)??? THANKS

regarding the volume- there is a setting:
-use set volume, instead of system volume
Have you checked this?

It wouldn't be that because it actually happens mid-conversation, but thanks for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back