Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Nortel/Avaya Desktop Messaging and Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyreel

Technical User
Mar 16, 2011
US
We have:
* Nortel/Avaya CS1K running on 7.5.
* CallPilot v5.00.41.143
* CallPilot Desktop Messaging v5.00.41.154
* Outlook 2010 exchange server

Observations:
If we choose the "CallPilot Inbox" during setup of CallPilot Desktop Messaging, we can see the messages; but they are in a separate local folder on the PC. If we Choose "Email Inbox" during setup, the messages never appear in the Outlook Inbox.

We are having the same issue. Only problem is our users would like to receive their voice messages on thier IPhones and to my knowledge that is only possible if the message is delivered to the standard Outlook Email inbox.

We have what we were told was the latest update, Connected to CallPilot server, somccallpilot, release 05.00.41.154
PEPs installed: CPSECPEP014S, CPSECPEPSP2S, CP500S10L07S, CP50041SU10S, CP500S10G06S, CP500S10G08S, CP500S10G10S, CP500S10G15C

Was there a resolution to this issue? If so, would you mind sharing as I am experiencing a similar issue.

Thank you in advance.

We have talked with Microsoft and they want to talk to Avaya Engineers. We are working on setting that up now. I will post any updates.

Thank you and I am sorry it has taken you so long to find resolution! [I can imagine how frustrating that is for you]

Schaefer- Have you tried using "message forwarding rule" in the users mailbox? This eliminates the Desktop software all together.

Call Pilot forwards the voicemail message to the users email address.

That sounds a heck of alot easier than installing the clinet for everyone - How is it setup?

Do tell...

OK, I found the messaging rule, but in the ENABLED Column, it shows NO - but it won't let me change it...How can I enable it?

What is the difference between a Desktop Messaging Keycode and a Unified Messaging Keycode [I thought Unified Messaging was Outlook ]

We have tried the message forwarding rule. It does work however there are some drawbacks.

1. The options to mark message as read via read receipt on the message forwarding rule do not work for us. Even though we get the question to confirm read receipt in Outlook nothing happens on the call pilot side.

2. If we do not use the DM software the users voice message are no longer linked. Thus if they delete a message in Outlook they are still required to delete it manually by dialing into voicemail. The two no longer sync.

3. The callpilot player is no longer used to open the message in Outlook. With DM you click to open the email and the player automatically begins playing the message (very convenient). With forwarding rule you have to open email then open attachement to play the message. This is minor but still a drawback.

This sounds like a problem we had when we first switched to Outlook 2010. The messages wouldn't show in the Callpilot inbox or in the email inbox. Message forwarding didn't correct it because it was never delivered. There is something in the registry that is causing the issue. A zero that should be a one or one that should be a zero. I'm going to go through emails to see if I can find it. It sounds like our exact issue.

We also lost Desktop Messaging when we went to Outlook 2007!
This is a bulletin I gave to it but it still has not been fixed.

Callpilot Desktop with Outlook 2007 Issue

CallPilot Inbox is not populated with Outlook 2007

Document Id: KB94123820
Last Modified Date: 01-04-2011
Support Goal(s): CallPilot, Other Messaging
Access Level: External Entitled

After installing the CallPilot Desktop client on a PC with Outlook 2007, users are unable to receive messages in the CallPilot Inbox.The Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) icon on the taskbar indicates that there are new messages.The following error is received as a popup if the user attempts to drag and drop an email into the CallPilot Inbox.
You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.
This issue affects only Desktop clients installed with Outlook 2007. Outlook 2003 clients do not have this problem.

The problem is due to a group policy setting. With the introduction of Outlook 2007, the administrator has the ability to limit the growth of a users .pst file through the implementation of a group policy setting. The particular setting is "disablepstgrow". With this setting enabled, any personal folders on a client PC are not allowed to grow in size. Since the CallPilot Inbox is a personal folder, it is being affected by this setting. In order for the CallPilot Inbox to populate with new messages, the "disablepstgrow" setting must be set to false. This setting can be accessed locally on the PC through Gpedit.msc or it may have to be changed by the IT department from a different location that provides them the ability to set up group policies.

Avaya -- Proprietary. Use pursuant to the terms of your signed agreement or Avaya policy

Has there been any update on a fix for the behavior reported in this thread? We're still on Outlook 2007, but we've seen the same thing. The most reliable method is using the CallPilot Inbox; but some of our users want to use the Email Inbox for the notifications and to be able to check it on their smartphones.

Unfortunately the proposed workaround, using Forwarding, would not be ideal. I'm sure our users would prefer for deletions to synchronize.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back