Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with lucent 6408d+ phone and Difinity switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTODAN

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2009
US
Hi first time poster here so dont flame me to bad if this is the wrond place for this.

I have a difinity phone switch and most of my phones range between 6408- 6408d+ I have a weird issue with a 6408D+ and one user. When I have the headset plugged in and you pick up the handset it mutes the mic on the handset to the point of making it unusable.

The settings match what I have for other users in the switch and they do not have this issue. so far I have swapped the phone for different models and headsets that I know to be working and not having this issue.

It seems that no matter what phone I plug into this line it dose the same thing worls great with no headset plugged in but once you plug in the head set the mic on the handset of the phone is muted when ever you pick it up.

any help or ideas are appreciated thank you.

NTODAN.

the only thing i could think off to check the phone type make sure there is a (+) on the type 6408D+

Check the headset cord (from the phone to the quick connect). Different phones use different cords. What type of headset? Plantronics?

Kevin

Yeah its a plantronics m12 I did check all the cables and have swapped it out for others severl times still no change. I also checked the settings in the difinity switch dose have the 6408d+ in the settings. thats why this is so weird everything seems to fit yet no matter what phone and headset combination I have hooked to it it exibits the same behavior.

check also on the station setting, make sure that mute button enable is set to no
go to ch station xxxx
page 1
mute enable/n

check also on the station setting, make sure that mute button enable is set to nogo to ch station xxxxpage 1mute enable/n

dose that controll the mute button on the phone? like the physical button i would hate to disable that and have him try to use it and not know its disabled. But I can deffinitly do it for testing as he is not in the office today.

well i did the mute chantge to NO and its still doing it so weird lol but im still game so keep the ideas coming.

6416 uses a HIC cable, Callmaster 5 uses the M cable, I would assume that the 6408 was a HIC only... ??

Surprise! Most loopback jacks are located conveniently behind the ear and above the leg

Yep. This will cause your drama. I have found that the wrong cable will in fact mute the phone on a call master 5 using a hic 1, and getting them swapped will cause the same drama to a 6416 so I would make sure you use a HIC cable on this particular phone.

The HIC 1 cable can be used on the handset port of the following models- Avaya 6402/6408/6416/6424/8403/8410/8434. It can also be used directly in the headset port of the following models - 6424 M/6416D M

Surprise! Most loopback jacks are located conveniently behind the ear and above the leg

well then just on of the following
busyout/release for the station, if this did not work i will say change the port of the station

If you're using an M12 you have to use the cable that comes with it.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back