Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with extended Swedish chars and line draw fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonbar

Programmer
Jun 26, 2000
GB
Hi, I am stuck with defining a font for use in my VFP8 application.

I am using the correct code page.

I am looking for a font that will handle characters in upper case and lower of Ö Ä Å i.e. Swedish and also some other Danish characters such as Æ and also allow the use of line draw based fonts e.g. for progress bars, lines etc.

If the font was a proportional one that would be even better!

Reports etc. are fine as you can change the font per expression / label but screens etc. are causing problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. have tried these main fonts to get around it: Andale Monospaced; Andale Line draw; Arial Monospaced; Arial Line draw but none of them manage it completely!

You've got two conflicting specifications - "line draw"ing characters and "proportional". Have you checked with any of the many Font sites on the web? Are you willing to pay for a custom font?

Rick

rgbean,

Thanks for the response.

I know they are conflicting requests - that is the main problem!

Yes I am willing to pay for the correct font - but only when I know it will work!

jasonbar:
. . .do not know for sure, but will give you some ideas on how we solved our problem. . .
We needed "Helvetica" font and could'nt it in vfp list so we purchased it from Adobe. . .and it works great on our reports. (did not use it on the forms, used Arial)
You might try them. . .think they have every font in the world. . .did'nt know there was some many languages
Regarding licensing, we only use our project in house on site, Do not know how licensing would affect you if you would sell your software to the public down the road.

Hope this helps
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back