Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with AES 6.3 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juancho2015

Technical User
Aug 3, 2015
AR
Hi fellows.

I have a problem with an AES 6.3.3.9: DLG service fecuently (and suddenly) stops working while status screen shows message "NO_LICENSE_ACQUIRED"; TSAPI and DMCC services continue operating normally.

I have opened a ticket and Avayas´s support engineer stated this is a known issue with no solution; he also provided this document to me:

Any ideas?

Oh, well then DLG is pretty important then! Listen to whatever they have to say!

That´s exactly my problem: they say there´s no solution and that I should restart the service every time the failure occurs.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much all you can do. Not to get to deep in the weeds, but DLG is ancient and as far as I know, unsupported. That might explain why you're getting the cold shoulder from Avaya. Maybe talk to Genesys.

Here's a little forum post that goes through the history of it, but suffice to say, DLG is the oldest.

From a technical point of view, I think there's a few things you can do with DLG over typical TSAPI and Avaya keeps some of those features in something called proprietary TSAPI. Stuff like having CM automagically publish agent state changes from call-work to auto-in for example. Avaya kinda keeps that for themselves for a competitive advantage on their products and make 3rd parties develop against a smaller subset of functionality.

That said, DLG is extremely old and powerful. And for the longest time, Genesys never went towards CVLAN or TSAPI. I don't know if that's still currently true, but it would seem to be at least for the version of Genesys you're using.

I don't want to talk sales or prices, but let's put it this way... if you gave me a big bag of money to either enable DLG at retail price or buy a house, I'd be able to buy a pretty decent house. A DLG license is basically Avaya's Genesys tax.

I've never had to support or troubleshoot it. I've never seen it's log files. But common AES wisdom goes like this: AES crashes because it's getting abused and beat up. 99 times out of 100, you can fix AES services crashing by cleaning up the application connecting to it. DLG especially, because it's an interface so close to the core of CM's processing. Its probably doing you a favor by crashing because it would otherwise likely cause CM some serious problems.

I'm willing to bet that if you did a stare and compare of what's provisioned in Genesys and CM as far as hunt groups, agents, stations, VDNs, etc, that if you cleaned up the old stuff in Genesys and not in CM anymore, that you'd probably be in better shape. Otherwise, ask Genesys. They'll probably tell you the same thing to start by running as clean as you can and see what happens from there. You've obviously got a big call center and I'd imagine this is a pretty new problem for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back