Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with 406 IPO & 4602SW IP telephones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreaspergantis

Technical User
Nov 24, 2006
CY
Hi everyone,

I have the following strange problem with an installation. The client is running a 406 IPO firmware 2.0(16) and they have several 4602IP telephones working perfectly. For some time now we have been trying to install two additional 4602SW IP telephones. Although the IP addresses are correct (System, router, file server etc.) after the phones finish downloading the bin and txt files they give the message "Discovering xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (where xxx is the IPO's IP)) This happens even if the IPO is not connected to the network and the phones are connected directly to the IPO. Is it possible that the problem happens due to the old version of the IPO. Unfortunately for several reasons we cannot upgrade it.

PS.The phones and system can be pinged by any PC on the network. Their IPs and subnetmasks are in the same network range.

Thanks in advance

i thought when it said discovering, it is supposed to show the ip address of the phone???

What version of Manager did you use for upgrading? If you used 3.x's Manager, the bin files loaded might not work with 2.0.

I used manager v2.0(16). The problem was that because the telephones firmware was much newer than the available through manager, the phones didn't downgrade. Anyway I managed to downgrade the telephone firmware by reseting the telephones (*7378#) after which the telephone accepted the older bin files and managed to discover the IPO and register correctly. Thanks for the answers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back