Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem w/ Outlook 2002 Encoding/Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zandor435

Technical User
Jan 23, 2003
US
I am having trouble with the encoding/format in outlook. I have a user that sends emails in Russian. So, his emails will work b/c I have set his outgoing email format to be Plain Text and his Encoding I have set to Cyrillic.

The problem is this. The encoding will not work if the format is HTML. That was not a problem the first time, b/c I changed it to plain text. However, now when he recieves emails in Russian, he will hit reply and respond in russian and we have the same problem.

The output looks like this. (The first part in English and the second in Russian.

"This part would... ... be in English"
"????? ??? ?? ????? ??? ???? ??? ??????"

I believe the problem is that the HTML format cannot be encoded. I either need to figure out how to encode HTML format or how to convert a HTML formatted email to plain or rich text for a reply.

Thank you for any help or direction.

Zach

The problem was SpamFighter filter. I finally uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. SpamFighter filter for some reason was effecting sending emails as rich text.

I have Microsoft 2002 and when I recieve certain emails, I can view it at first but then when I click off it I can not view it any more.

I think that it because it is in HTML format. How do I solve this problem?

Could you be a little more descriptive about your problem? What kind of emails? any attatchments? Is it all emails?

If you want to change your encoding, then just go to tools, options, mail format, and play w/ the settings.

Zach

the email does not have any attachments, it is not all emails, it seems to be the emails that are html based. It showed up yesteday when it emails from delta airlines.

Did you try changing the options under Mail Format?

I tried to play with the settings and still did not help, any other suggestions.

I would uninstall and reinstall if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back